Posted by ben
Brooklands Museum Trust Limited
Saturday, May 2, 2015 - 01:00 AM
Until: Saturday, May 2, 2015 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Re: Coming to Brooklands? Want to do the Hill Run?

This was the car that caught my eye
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1430655020.833823.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1430655049.973799.jpg

First Brooklands and must say was a great day out with varesecrazy and his *cough* 'volvo' *cough* Marea! :p

Was good to meet fellow member and appreciate the work done to all fiats!

Once i get fully up and running in my Punto, i'll be sure to bring that along to a few meets!

Cheers for a great day all! (y)
Tony

Did anyone get any Pictures of me and my Panda going up???

The hill run sounds a bit errr wierd but it was good fun!

First you have to go the the club house to be told its the building next door and its upstairs (not the cafe). There you meet a firm lady who asks you if you are registered with Autoitalia... which you say no to... you should say yes! Your name is down - do paperwork! Children can go up you sign for them - they as must anyone be belted into a seat.
Drivers brief is next, where you are told the format and when to brake!
This is important as it goes from 1 in 4 to level at the top of the hill.
The go line up. When you reach the last but one marshal you stop watch and wait for the car in front to go up, then you are called forwards and the hill is infront of you.... press that button marked sport.
The flag drops, go go go as a man once said, with some gas drop the clutch, control the wheelspin, take her around to 6ish quick but smooth into 2nd - now hang on and brake as late as you dare - you slow with the help of the hill - TURN right! dribble down a track back onto the banking where the Alfas are and join the back of the queue again. I had 3 gos all fine.

I would like to thank everyone for letting me have a go it was fun!
It made the 180 mile trip worth it - however it does take time out of your visit you dont just queue.

Well guys what can i say.i'm driving my first Fiat,this was my first car show,but you guys certainly now how to make people feel included.your organisation and hospitality was second to none,my son and i are looking forward to the next show,we would both like to thank you all for such an enjoyable day see you again soon.all the best Len and Harry.

Last edited:
Brilliant show and thanks to everyone involved in organising it. It was nice to meet up with some old friends and make new ones (hopefully)

I covered over 1200 miles in the past 4 days so for next year's big trip I think I'll aim for a show slightly closer to home - Stanford it is then :D

Just under two tanks of diesel, 1208 miles (averaging mid 50mpg) over a 4 day period. Epic. Finally home having stopped in St Helens last night and made the final few hours today.

As before, an epic drive and glad to be able to chalk Brooklands off the list :)

good to see you,(y)

bet it was lousy drive though today - WET:(

is it a BH in Scotland tomorrow.. day of rest..??:confused:

Charlie

good to see you,(y)

bet it was lousy drive though today - WET:(

is it a BH in Scotland tomorrow.. day of rest..??:confused:

Charlie

Likewise mate. Good to put another face to the name.

Tomorrow is a BH I believe, but no rest for the wicked.

Rain was really bad from about Dundee, from about Stonehaven (15 south of the city) visibility was poor with fog. Nice welcome home that :)

A big thank you goes to the organisers from the FF team for a great show, it was my first time at (AUTOITALIA) and I must say I was not disappointed.:) It was one of the best times I've had at a car show for a long time and I've been the a lot over the years.(y)
I got so into looking at all the great cars at the show, I missed out on the doughnuts and the photo shoot.:bang:
So all you FF member give yourselves a pat on the back.

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing this! Some very nice cars, especially the classics!

I had the impression the hill was the curved track!

I was lucky enough to attend the 'unofficial' re-opening of Brooklands back in the early 80's (I think). The hill was just sitting there and of course being on a motorbike we weren't allowed to try it... officially. Mind you, we walked it. I've not been back since, but it would certainly appear to have been developed somewhat!

As a matter of interest this is a local 'hill' I read in our local paper that the absolute record is 49 seconds! No wonder yoof with special protective reverse baseball caps come to grief on it a few days after the event, this years took place yesterday.

Thanks for sharing this! Some very nice cars, especially the classics!

I had the impression the hill was the curved track!

the "hill" is fairly short , and made of 3 x flat slabs

1st slab = 1:8
2nd = 1:5
3rd = 1:4

the transition is a problem , as some "supercars" were grounding / grinding over

great as a spectator / expensive as an owner:D

at the top of 1:4 section - over crest is a RH Turn,

even the Alfa 4C - that was accellerating HARD - had to brake before crest

Hope that helps explain more of what you're seeing,
Charlie

I only have one complaint! Pies, we needed pies! Pasties are good but pies are just better!!!!

Thanks to everyone at the show had a real blast this was my first car show and wont be the last. Hopefully have this new engine in the car before stanford

Pheasey

Back