Posted by ben
Brooklands Museum Trust Limited
Saturday, May 2, 2015 - 01:00 AM
Until: Saturday, May 2, 2015 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
New seat covers and floor mats turned up today, got some weird dragon design on them. Still it's better than the old mans slippers style seats that are in her.

Centre stickers for the wheel nut covers are here, as is my windscreen mount for my tomtom. Looks like a day of making her look respectable tomorrow.

I was hoping to go for a spin on the blade up to mid wales, but it looks like a day of smelling of tcut and flash dash instead.
Don't think I'll risk fitting the fireblade oil cooler until I come back. I have a visions of oil leaks and pipes blowing off on the m4 rattling around in my head.

Bed at 7pm ish for a 3am start. I love driving at that time of night, something about seeing the sun rise through a 21 year old piece of scratched Italian windscreen glass.

So with 80 cars confirmed at the top, and us all meeting in tesco it's going to be quite a sight us all leaving together to get in via a convoy.
At this rate, old bill will need to shut the bloody road.

Just had a 2 hour polish and vac session after my son left a ton of McCrap on the floor! - it's never looked so nice, averge DIY spray paint job recently notwithstanding
See you all in the morning!

Yeah ive just spent the last 3 hours washing t-cutting, waxing and hoovering the sei. ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1430508003.519574.jpg

Pheasey

80cars?? Wow the last cars should be leaving Tesco as the first get to brooklands, in Essex now about to grab an early night for a 5am start, see you all at 8am.

Actually never been this excited for anything car related, will wash car in the morning on route lol

Sorry all, in case you havent noticed im not there. (n)

Got half way this morning and the alternator died, got home, fitted another, then another attempt. :(
This time got 40 miles in and developed a misfire. :bang:

So once again im back home, im not gonna make it .:cry::cry:

Re: Coming to Brooklands? Want to do the Hill Run?

Hi,
This morning the weather forecast was good so I persuaded my grandchildren that we should go and see the Brooklands Hill climb for Italian cars secretly hoping to see lots of Barchettas. We only managed to visit in the afternoon, loads of people, well represented with ferraris and fiat 500s.
Finally found 4 Barchettas green, blue, yellow and one red. Loads to see and managed to pass on car enthusiasm to my grandchildren Daniel and Rebecca.
Steve.:)

Back