Technical Armrest Retrofit

Currently reading:
Technical Armrest Retrofit

Update: I have just spoken to the service department of Stoneacre Lincoln who said they would have to look into fitting it themselves as they have not done this before, but agreed that it would only invalidate the warranty on the area affected (they seemed to believe that this would inculde the seat, they really haven't done this before:p) if I chose to fit it myself. Am gonna have a chat with them when they fix the door on Saturday.

I will ask about a discount, always do:D

Invalidate warranty on what exactly? The seat lol, i dont think so. The whole unit is held on by one bolt. Takes minutes to fit and the original surround will fit back in just as easily. Infact mine is sitting in the garage as I type.

When I do sell it will find its way onto ebay lol.

You really should just do it yourself, to pay a garage is crazy:eek:

I wouldn't pay them, I would ask them nicely. The centre console around that area would no longer be included in the warranty for cracked / frayed / premature wear etc on the plastics. It did make me chuckle when a FIAT service bloke mentioned the seat :p

If they were to charge me I would of course fit it myself.(y)

Have ordered one, arriving on Saturday:D. Will fit it myself as the trim is not covered by the 3rd yeah of warranty anyway.

No discounts for FIATForum members at Stoneacre Lincoln. Got a very blank look for asking(n).

Have just fitted the armrest, but am missing the 'foodbox' and the cover on the back (over the hinge). These seem to have been forgotton by the parts bloke when the parts were ordered through the dealer. These should be on order but will check tomorrow. Work of Warning though, the top section will not open to reveal the top compartment of the armrest without the foodbox as there is a little 'clip thingy' that prevents the top opening it the rest of the armrest is already open.

So to summarise, you NEED the foodbox for the rest to work properly. At the moment my armrest it literally just that untill the rest of the parts arrive.(n)

Last edited:
Very usefull tutorial, it would have been nice to show also how you pull out the vent, but is very nice as it is.
Stormi, I like your ideea but I belive the armrest you build is kind of big.
I look forward for your new version and I hope this weekend I will start to work on my own project regarding that empty space.:)

Very usefull tutorial, it would have been nice to show also how you pull out the vent, but is very nice as it is.
Stormi, I like your ideea but I belive the armrest you build is kind of big.
I look forward for your new version and I hope this weekend I will start to work on my own project regarding that empty space.:)

Yes made originally just for motorway use, to be able to rest right arm.
Soon used it daily ... ;) Thanks to Tad-Bravo, started to think it can be
smaller version and better looking. Also realized from my own pictures how
it looks ...

My dear mother-in-law made three of those and told me they look good :rolleyes:
and tomorrow going to pick them up. So coming armrests with black
leather and silver crisscross-pattern stiching (y)

The "giga" was originally just for long distance journeys = to be able to
rest the right arm.

My car was allready in Finland when I bought it, so no extras here for my
car. Asked later the retro installation, but 600.00 euros was too much for
me ( had the exhaust with the same price) ...

So, now I have these mother-in-law armrests !

Last edited:
Good job(y), it looks better, it fits better with the interior. Please post more details on how it was build, materials and dimensions. It will be very usefull for all interested users.
I will post details about mine, when it will be ready :rolleyes:. Now, I am looking for some time to finish it and I cannot find any.:(

I have no step-by-step pictures, so have to waite yours to come !

Used quite hard foam for it ( 30 cm long - 17 cm wide - 7 cm high )
and have also a piece of cardboard under it to make stabile. Also used
thicker leather this time, so that also makes it better.

Amazing, this looks like a pretty simple retro-fit to do. Need to get the bits ordered up.

Was trying to log onto the ePER and it keeps saying "Too many concurrent connections" and wont let me in, is there a limit to how many people can be on it at once?

Guys i need help.

I would like to have original; armrest like this one but in my country it costs 300 eurs. i live in Serbia. If somone can order it in Uk for exsample because its much cheaper i will be happy to pay. If someone now the way to sell me and send me armrest please contact me.
Sorry for bad English

Back