Technical Armrest Retrofit

Currently reading:
Technical Armrest Retrofit

Hi Rich,

Any update on the armrest guide you promised (ideally with definitive part numbers and prices)?

Can I ask if the armrest top you ordered (71748827) is the same black fabric as the seat sides in a sailcloth interior or does it match another interior (technotweed off the dynamic or something)

Many thanks,

Rich

Still looking at it, got more parts on order. The black one is leather, very nice, matches the steering wheel and gear knob.

Still looking at it, got more parts on order. The black one is leather, very nice, matches the steering wheel and gear knob.

To clarify on that point, I really would go for the leather option if you have a sport. Having red/blue sail cloth will look stupid, and the leather looks really decent.

Rich, do you want the "conditioned food box" to work as well? That's why it's been delayed, as I'm ordering new air ducting for underneath the centre console.

If you just want an armrest, I can give you the part numbers now.

The armrest is my main priority, so if you can give me the part numbers & prices for that, that would be great.

I agree the blue (in my case) would look silly, however, looking at the Bravo's at the local dealer yesterday, it seems to me that the dynamic models (which have the armrest) are covered with a black fabric that looks identical to the black fabric on the sides of the 'sport' seats - it only seems to be the accent panel that is a different fabric between the spec levels. I would imagine that a fabric covered armrest would be significantly less costly than a leather one! That said your point about matching the gear knob & steering wheel is a good one! Decisions, decisions...

Conditioned food box would be a 'nice to have', if the cost of the parts and the complexity of the job is not excessive then I'd probably go for it.

Probably teaching you to suck eggs, but looking at the ePER, it looks like you would need the diffuser 735446911, but whether you would need to change the air duct before this diffuser is unclear. There are two part numbers (51791886 & 51809822) so it seems likely to me (one with a connection for the difffuser and one without perhaps?)

Right then Rich, the new ducting arrived today. It's the same as the one in the car, except it has had the plug for the air vent for the conditioned food box sawn off, and a piece of foam placed around it. You could do it yourself to be honest, as the one in the car is made of thin plastic that you can neatly cut with a sharp stanley.

Pictures will follow soon, as will the guide. I need to get the "Bravo" guides section up (Hellcat if you're reading this :D), then I will post up the guide.

However, what I can give you is a definitive list of parts, with approximate prices from September 07. You will need:

Armrest Installation Only
The Armrest - 71748818 (£65)
The Armrest Cover - 71748827 (this is Black Leather, looks great in the Sport with the Leather wheel and gearknob - £59)
The Pin to secure the cover to the armrest - 71748819 (£3)
The cap to cover the back of the armrest - 735447085 (£5)
The "food box" (needed anyway as it covers the screws of the armrest) - 735440709 (£7)
The screw for the base of the "food box" - 51810310 (30p)

Conditioned Food Box Installation
As the manual says, if you have an armrest it comes with the conditioned food box. You still need all the above, and:
The diffuser vent for the conditioned food box - 735446911 (£17)
The replacement air ducting to allow the vent to be fitted (if required) - 51809822 (£12)

You must keep the airvent (for rear passengers) and the two screws securing the old trim on as these are needed for the new armrest.

That's great, thanks mate...

All I need now is the car to fit the parts to!!! Still, should have all the bits ready to rock and roll by the time it arrives...

No worries Rich - Alan Kerr have got the £16 quid diffuser in stock, might be worth a phone call if you get stuck getting it elsewhere!

Which garage did you get the Bravo from?

Rather bizarrely, Hartwell Fiat in Abingdon - just south of Oxford. They offered an excellent deal on line, knocking over £2,500 off - the best Vospers (local dealer in Plymouth) would do was £800, pathetic! Still, I got a nice long test drive out of them...

It's pleased the other half, she thinks we'll get a nice weekend in Oxford when I go to pick the car up!!!

Ok, after putting the car back together today, here's my opinion on the conditioned food box - don't bother!

It's a pain in the backside, and I wouldn't do it knowing what's involved.

That's useful to know, thanks... I've never really seen the point of a conditioned glovebox etc, surely you have to have the a/c on full blast to keep a drink (or whatever) cold, which I'm sure would please the other half :rolleyes:(she's delighted I've ordered dual zone climate, so I can be cool and she can be warm!!!)

Well now I've got it I'm glad as it's all factory original spec, but having taken the centre console out and messing around, I wouldn't want to do it again, and no offence to people, don't think anyone who's not compotent shouldn't be doing it.

So the moral of the story is... if you want a nice centre armrest.... order Leather in the first place :)

Well yes, but for those who buy a car "as it is", the armrest retrofit is a walk in the park.

What I'm saying is is that the conditioned food box isn't worth the effort.

So the moral of the story is... if you want a nice centre armrest.... order Leather in the first place :)

Interesting point, I was at my dealers Monday and was told that the centre armrest does not come with the leather option on the 150 sport ?
Also I was told that I could not have leather with the maserati blue ?
can anyone dispute this ??

'Fraid not, leather and masser blue aren't available together... I've ordered masser blue, but aren't too worried about the lack of leather as a) I'm not that keen on leather seats - too cold in the morning! b) I thought the finishing of the leather seats in the bravo in my local showroom left a lot to be desired (puckered seams etc) and c) my missus is vegetarian and doesn't approve of leather ;)

As to whether the armrest comes with the leather on a sport - I'm none the wiser. I'm sure I've read here that it comes with the leather interior, but the brochures don't seem to back that up. I know it's standard on Active sport & dynamic if that helps...

Sport gets it with the leather option, but Sport without leather has no armrest.

Stupid, since as you say Rich, the Active Sport gets it!

Cant understand why they didn't have the armrest as standard throughout the range, maybe with the option of having the refrigeration part of it as an option, anything has to be better than the piece of plastic which is there.
I know slightly off subject,but its the same as why are there so many different variations of the same cars in different countries with parts that are standard in some and not in other countries:confused:, oh well i suppose it all boils down to money.

Last edited:
So the food box is not part of the arm rest?
I hate the arm rest i have, it has a lip that keeps making me think it should open but it does not - and it is stupid, - i have the 150 sport,
Could anyone put a picture up of the other arm rest as i dont think i have seen it and i would really like to change it if the other is better

Sorry, photos from mobile.
%D0%A4%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE007.jpg
%D0%A4%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE008.jpg
%D0%A4%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE010.jpg
%D0%A4%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE011.jpg
%D0%A4%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE012.jpg
%D0%A4%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE013.jpg
%D0%A4%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE015.jpg
%D0%A4%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back