Votes: 9 17.3%
  • no

Votes: 43 82.7%

• Total voters
mt1114812009.jpg

i am employed as a welder work 38 - 72 hrs a week
get 33 day's paid holiday per year i am not in a company pension

;P

Take my advice and get in a company pension scheme quick. 25 is leaving it a bit late. I worked 42 years and am now pensioned (but not an OAP like my missus, heehee). Is that unemployed? Both of us now work virtually full time for nought on rescuing and rehoming labradors, see http://labrescue.homestead.com/. Never been busier.:confused: But how come women live longer and yet get their OAP earlier?

I am unemployed, have been since early 2003, I am a diabetic, and its bad, my kidneys are failing because of it, so my doctor says I must have the time to ensure my condition is as well controlled as it can be. Its very irritating at times cos I would love to go back to work as a counterbalance fork lift driver which is what used to do, or courier work, in fact anything that involves driving.
I do help out by do some unpaid work for an oval race track near me, doing electronic lap scoring and a website.:)

As a footnote, I detest anyone who is out of work on benefits when there is obviously nothing wrong with them, or people who just dont want to work. My stepson is the latter, he is almost 18 but doesnt want a job, he also doesnt want to 'sign on' cos he knows he will be forced into a job or be mithered into getting one, tell you what there has been many arguments in this house with my other half over that one!! cos she has to keep him in money, petrol/ insurance etc for his scooter and fags, on my benefits which are supposed to be for me and my other half. There is nothing wrong with him apart from he just doesnt have the work ethic, his dad was the same. makes me mad :mad:

Back