General Anyone else smell burning...

Currently reading:
General Anyone else smell burning...

alone_withmyaxe

Does anyone else's Panda smell strongly of burning plastic in the cabin when the heating kicks in.

Been out in my new 100hp a bit now during the cold spell. and when the heating has kicked in and can smell that strong smell of hot/burning plastic, like when you turn on an old bar heater and all the crap on it burns off first. I have the climate control so I was wondering if it was an issue to do with that or if it was just because it was new.

Does/did anyone else have this when they first got their Panda, and did it just go away with use, or should I ask about it at my dealer?:confused:

My Panda Eleganza is a week old now and it's climate control also makes that hot smell - I was worried at first but it always does it so I assume it's normal. Hope this helps (y)

Yeah, my 100HP is just over a week old and smells like this when the climate is on. I think it's normal, hoping it'll wear off soon cos I can't stand it.....

there have been some revious threads/posts about this sort of thing, seems to have been tracked down to excess body sealant on the matrix burning off, someones been a little too enthusiastic with it, once all gone should be fine

New car stench, like a plastic toy stuffed in the heater matrix and slowly melting. First time I've been car sick since I was kid today on a longish run - misses wouldn't let me open a window as it was so cold out. Nearly missed her appointment as we lost twenty minutes traveling time while I lost my lunch at the roadside - I'm in the passenger seat by the way :eek:

just in case......

Gloria-PD4GA.jpg

:D

I think i was among the first who mentioned this issue since September. After a month or so the smell gradually was gone. I would recommend though to pay a visit to your dealer, remember, this is what you inhale and plastic in your lungs is not a great thing...

Back