General Airbox Bolts

Currently reading:
General Airbox Bolts

RowanFiat

Hi guys,

Replaced my spark plugs in my 2010 Panda 1.1 eco and one of the retaining bolts for the airbox snapped off! Been managing fine with cable ties so far but might need to take it off again soon to do the breather pipe too.

Does anyone know the size and thread of these so I can order the correct replacements?

If you mean this - I think its an M6 thread. Run a bolt in and see if it fits.

These are the grommets almost certainly worn out. Annoyingly, you will need two of one type and one of the other, but they only seem to sell in pairs.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you mean this - I think its an M6 thread. Run a bolt in and see if it fits.

These are the grommets almost certainly worn out. Annoyingly, you will need two of one type and one of the other, but they only seem to sell in pairs.
They look like the ones for a multijet.... or am I losing the plot?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
They look like the ones for a multijet.... or am I losing the plot?
Yeah that's not the one. It's the 2 retaining bolts that hold the airbox down i need the dimensions and thread for haha

Just took my airbox bolt off the rear to do some checks on sizing and noticed it wasn't actually threaded at all and neither is the hole. The airbox was just being held down by the suction from the engine and on the seal.

Anyone got any advice on a way to approach this? Only thing i can think of is tapping a new thread for the rear airbox retaining point near bulkhead but i don't know if that'll work as it's the plastic one haha

Just took my airbox bolt off the rear to do some checks on sizing and noticed it wasn't actually threaded at all and neither is the hole. The airbox was just being held down by the suction from the engine and on the seal.

Anyone got any advice on a way to approach this? Only thing i can think of is tapping a new thread for the rear airbox retaining point near bulkhead but i don't know if that'll work as it's the plastic one haha
There's is no bolt for the rear hole just the front two that's how it should be

photo would probably help here

the airbox is help on at three separate points

left, right and back

Left and right are both bolts. Its not unknown for the threads to be pulled out of the soft aluminium
If this was the case, I would just clean up the top of the cam cover with a file and epoxy a M6 nut on the top, would also file the bottom and sides of the nut to give the epoxy something to grip. original slow cure JB Weld seems to stand to heat well

at the back is a Black plastic stud, with a cone on the top, a rubber doughnut fixed into the rear of the airbox fits over here, its not screwed down at the rear.

thats how to fits on a 2011

from memory a 2005 and 2006 were different Still two bolts either side but a spring and clip at the front

not sure which system you will have, must be close to the cross over point

Last edited:
These are the bolts I'm talking about. One with the nut still on it is by the rear of the engine bay on left side and the one that's a cable tie through the hole is the right side nearest radiator

Attachments

• IMG_20220505_153044041.jpg
    IMG_20220505_153044041.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20220505_153047571.jpg
    IMG_20220505_153047571.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 72
Back