Technical Advices of ducato 2.8 Y2000

Currently reading:
Technical Advices of ducato 2.8 Y2000

fiatcamperizando

Hi, I'm a newbie in this forum. I'm planning to buy a camper based on ducato 2.8d y2000 . So I would like to know which are the main problems/failures of this van. In addition, Does this vans have antirust treatment and Which parts I should focus on to check the rust?
Regards

Hi, I'm a newbie in this forum. I'm planning to buy a camper based on ducato 2.8d y2000 . So I would like to know which are the main problems/failures of this van. In addition, Does this vans have antirust treatment and Which parts I should focus on to check the rust?
Regards
The 2.8D, Iveco 8140.63, as distinct from the 2.8idTD, Iveco 8140.43, has a relatively lower power output, which is out performed by the earlier 2.5 TDI, Iveco 8140.47. For more info on these engines see Wikipedia Maximum torque at lower rpm makes for good pulling power, and this is where the 2.8idTD scores. One cause of failure can be electronic key code immobiliser fitted to the injection pump. Fifth gear was an add on to the gearbox. It relies on splash lubrication. Advice that I follow is to avoid it for the first mile, (may not be possible to use anyway).

Corrosion of the cross member under the radiator is a known problem. The cross member can be replaced.

The 2.8D, Iveco 8140.63, as distinct from the 2.8idTD, Iveco 8140.43, has a relatively lower power output, which is out performed by the earlier 2.5 TDI, Iveco 8140.47. For more info on these engines see Wikipedia Maximum torque at lower rpm makes for good pulling power, and this is where the 2.8idTD scores. One cause of failure can be electronic key code immobiliser fitted to the injection pump. Fifth gear was an add on to the gearbox. It relies on splash lubrication. Advice that I follow is to avoid it for the first mile, (may not be possible to use anyway).

Corrosion of the cross member under the radiator is a known problem. The cross member can be replaced.
What do you mean When you says "avoid it for the first mile"? You are referring on avoid use 5 gear or avoid campers using this engine?
Thanks for the advices!

sORR
What do you mean When you says "avoid it for the first mile"? You are referring on avoid use 5 gear or avoid campers using this engine?
Thanks for the advices!
Sorry for not being explicit. Try not to use fifth gear for first mile, this should allow oil splashes in the main box to be collected, and directed onto the fifth gear assembly. Ducato was designed for daily use so no problem, but MHs tend to stand idle for long periods, allowing oil to drain from fifth gear into main box.

sORR

Sorry for not being explicit. Try not to use fifth gear for first mile, this should allow oil splashes in the main box to be collected, and directed onto the fifth gear assembly. Ducato was designed for daily use so no problem, but MHs tend to stand idle for long periods, allowing oil to drain from fifth gear into main box.
Okey thanks for the info!

Back