General advice on buying a 96 55sx please

Currently reading:
General advice on buying a 96 55sx please

banjoboy

allo all...am new to the site soo please play nicely and excuse any silly mistakes...i am looking at a 96 punto 55sx 1.1...90000miles on it..going to look at the car and just wondering what i should look for apart from the usual..been reading alot about HEAD GASKETS....will check the oil filler cap,and the blower/coolier...any other advice would be greatlly appreciated....and i am gonna kick them tyres...THANKS...Z

at 90000 on the clock dont expect the engine to look it's best.. also check for any sign of misuse (many owners rage the sh!t out of there car)... (y)

remember its a buyers market, its an old car, you pick these up for little money......if in doubt walk away, theres always another bargain round the corner;) if at all possible take someone with you who knows a thing or two about cars:D

nice 1..thanks for quick replys..this ones on ebay and round the corner from me...i only got 300 to spend but recon i should get this 1 4 that...does that sound about rite for this kinda car...wish i had more,just love them coupe's....thanks again...Z

Back