Accident on A10 yesterday

Currently reading:
Accident on A10 yesterday

From my school year - there has been like 5 people die from motoring accidents

Some lads were racing - the car rolled killing a girl in it, didnt like her at all!

Then 4 lads in a car were doing down a road too fast - hit the hill - front wheels left contact - on coming car - and BOOM
killing the 4 cars occupants and an elderly couple that they hit

Ziggy

Now explain to me how people just manage to drive into the back of a lorry.

Could it be a bit of peer pressure, an ecouraging voice from the backseat egging the driver on?

That's just my view on this article, the reason why the driver and 3 of his mates are dead is because the driver was driving like a complete idiot.

Obviously we'll never know the truth as I know the difference from the real incidents and what gets published on the internet.

It's never 100% accurate.

What makes you say that? Just had a scan of the article, nothing to indicate that, could have just been inexperience.

Unfortunately seem to be to many youngsters killed each year on the roads, often due to inexperience etc (n)

reading the article,
its a straight dual lane road,
middle of the day,
they drove into the back of a lorry, with enough speed/force to cause fatalities.

Inexperience is a given,the irresponsible part is driving against what they had recently been taught.
its old and boring but if they had been driving at a reasonable speed and leaving a suitable distance,then the fatalities would be far less likely

Now explain to me how people just manage to drive into the back of a lorry.

Could it be a bit of peer pressure, an ecouraging voice from the backseat egging the driver on?

That's just my view on this article, the reason why the driver and 3 of his mates are dead is because the driver was driving like a complete idiot.

Obviously we'll never know the truth as I know the difference from the real incidents and what gets published on the internet.

It's never 100% accurate.

Nothing to state if that lorry was moving, or broken down with no hazard lights on, 70MPH is a fast speed to be approaching a stationary object. If the new driver has never come across this, he may not have known how to react. If a oldish Corsa brakes could have locked and then its good night vienna. Who knows. But saying someone was an idiot based on the info we have is unreasonable imo.

There could even be more than meets the eye, blow out, mechanical failure on the car etc.

Back