Technical AC blows hot - was told compressor clutch not engaging and $2,000 just for the compressor... really?? HELP

Currently reading:
Technical AC blows hot - was told compressor clutch not engaging and $2,000 just for the compressor... really?? HELP

vsfleming13

AC compressor clutch not engaging... ideas??? received an estimate for $3,600... ugh...help...

Hi

There will be a complex chain of command before aircon works.

Was it working 6 months ago and six weeks ago.

Obvious issues:

No system pressure

Electrical sensor issue

Electrical supply issue

Mechanical failure

Your 500l is not a massive seller here in the UK.. so very few failures..or issues in this UK forum reported .. BUT..

Mechanically it will be related to our Big selling 2 door FIATs 500 and Punto

There will be info. On here :)
Charlie

Hi

Obvious issues:

No system pressure

Electrical sensor issue

Electrical supply issue

Mechanical failure

Your 500l is not a massive seller here in the UK.. so very few failures..or issues in this UK forum reported .. BUT..

Charlie
So, I thought maybe I should try the fuse first, so I pulled out the fuse and went to the auto parts store to get another one because I dont have a tester. They didnt have any. went to another auto parts store, they didnt have any. went back home and pulled out an identical fuse and replaced it with the first one. now I have a new problem - the fuel cutoff unavailable? car won't start. put the fuses bac and then disconnected and reconnected the battery terminals. still receiving error that fuel cutoff... car wont start. tried the turn signal right then left then right etc. remedy but it didnt work... any suggestions?

problem solved. next problem: ac compressor. ordered a new one, and the switch doesn't line up properly. it is not a Delphi brand. (the one with no sticker) can I make a ponytail for it to make it fit?
IMG_6030.jpg

2014 fiat 500 L 1.4 turbo. just the electrical part is off... too far from the bolt.

If everything else fits and the wiring plug reaches without putting strain on anything then you’d probably be ok.

Word of warning, unlabelled off brand compressors are garbage and may not last long, may have been worth buying the correct version which you could potentially get yourself from any auto parts supplier

There seems to be three threads about this. This creates confusion, and is messy. Plese keep to one thread, where all posts can be together, and therefore more meaningful, and reduce duplication.

The general advice about compressor replacement, is that the condenser and thermovalve should also be replaced at the same time. The pipes may also need cleaning out. The better suppliers of compressors will not offer any warranty unless all those components are replaced together.
The reason for this is that a compressor failure will usually produce some debris, which then gets deposited in the condenser and valve. Once the system is running again, this debris can travel around and cause further pump failure
It is worth giving this careful consideration against the risk of having to do it all again.

There seems to be three threads about this. This creates confusion, and is messy. Plese keep to one thread, where all posts can be together, and therefore more meaningful, and reduce duplication.

The general advice about compressor replacement, is that the condenser and thermovalve should also be replaced at the same time. The pipes may also need cleaning out. The better suppliers of compressors will not offer any warranty unless all those components are replaced together.
The reason for this is that a compressor failure will usually produce some debris, which then gets deposited in the condenser and valve. Once the system is running again, this debris can travel around and cause further pump failure
It is worth giving this careful consideration against the risk of having to do it all again.
where are the other threads?

Hi

Obvious issues:

No system pressure

Electrical sensor issue

Electrical supply issue

Mechanical failure

Charlie
you mean you can use the same parts of the 500 and punto? not sure what you mean?

Back