General Abarth 500 Real World MPG

Currently reading:
General Abarth 500 Real World MPG

Exactly :) I may go further than all but the diseasel drivers, but it still doesn't really mean anything when my MPG is worse. Currently I'm on 54 mpg indicated so about 52 in real life. 54 is the magic figure I need to hit to get to 500 miles so I'm hoping to do that during the summer. 500 miles would be pretty cool on one tank in such a small car. Still not as good as my dearly departed scrappage 406 which would do 630 miles on a tank of diseasel.

This year when we get the warm weather (don't blink and miss it) the 500 will do better than last year as she has a few more 1000 miles on her so you should improve.

And h ow big was the tank on your french tank ? :D :D

Oakley - If you work out the MPG's you get in the Stilo, then compare that to what you would get in the Abarth, you can work out the extra cost per mile and therefore how much extra it would cost you per year.

Was easy for me as i used to get 60 MPG in the Panda, now i get 30 MPG so my fuel costs have almost exactly doubled, which was ok seeming as i used to spend no more than £1000 a year on fuel. But i didn't cater for doing more miles, not that i've switched jobs, it's just i want to drive the Abarth more often!

And of course, it's not just about fuel costs either, i paid nearly £400 for a service recently. Sounds like i'm trying to put you off i know! :(

No you're not mate. You're just helping me see all the ins and outs. Thing is im ready to get a new car now because the stilo is just annoying me to the point were i wanna blow it up. But should I keep the heap of **** and save for an Abarth, or get rid now and get a diff car. Got a few in min, like A Seat Leon Cupra FR TDI, or Volvo C30 D5. They're just 2 that I would consider if it was to be another Diesel. But it's just not what I really want. But I have no idea when the time will come when I can really afford an A500 PROPERLY that is.

If you are really worried about the mpg, might be an idea to buy a used diesel that isn't going to depreciate at a huge rate and wait until you feel comfortable with the economy on the Abarth.

Of course, that's head of over heart and I'm probably one of the worst people when it comes to that. I swore I would never buy a new car again after the depreciation horror that was my Stilo. Abarth ruined that theory though. Saying that, the Stilo was cheap in the first place. My 1.6 Dynamic cost me a shade over £9000 new.

I do use the wifes Bravo on longer journeys from time to time. That's as much to give it a run more than anything else though as her new job is local now.

I was getting 40ish mpg over the first 600 miles,
This dropped to 30mpg after a day of demonstration runs at Oulton Park (about 150 miles on track)
I managed to get it back up to 36 mpg on average at 5k but then my wife started using the car regularly and it dropped to 28 mpg (yes really and she swears she wasn't thrashing it). It is now creeping slowly up to 30mpg average after 11k.

This is a standard (non esseesse) car.

Thx everyone for posting mpg figures
If I can ask you To also post on whatmpg.co.uk as well as it has 3000 real world mpg figures but no fiat 500's !!!

Thx in advance

200 mile journey from Cardiff to New Quay and back with short trips locally and a high speed dash home came in at 39.6mpg.

And at your age, you should be having more fun before you get too old! :slayer:
So endangering your life and those of others for a little bit of adrenalin is fun? Nuh uh, I'll go on a track if I want to drive properly fast and leave driving fast on the road to the knuckledraggers :)

Very fun indeed. 75% of fatal accidents are caused by people NOT speeding remember ;)

And?

If you knew anything about statistics you'd know that 25% of people would have to speed excessively not mean that speeders are just as likely to cause an accident as someone not speeding.

Statistics can be used to prove anything if you don't understand them or try and represent them as saying something that they don't actually say.

And?

If you knew anything about statistics you'd know that 25% of people would have to speed excessively not mean that speeders are just as likely to cause an accident as someone not speeding.

Statistics can be used to prove anything if you don't understand them or try and represent them as saying something that they don't actually say.

I know, it's like saying you're better off driving drunk and tired, because more accidents are caused by people who are wide awake and sober! :p

Back