General 500e Claimed Range

Currently reading:
General 500e Claimed Range

DaveH77

Does anyone know if Fiat has reduced the range on the 500e in the UK?

All the left hand drive video reviews I have watched show over 300km of range at full charge. Which equates to the 199 miles they claim. However, all the UK reviews seem to show about 160 miles at full charge. I have just bought a La Prima Cabrio and it shows a max range (even in Sherpa mode) of 161 miles. This has nothing to do with how it has been driven as it has shown the same from brand new and even after a month of careful Sherpa driving it always only shows 161 miles at full charge.

In normal range it only shows 144 miles at full charge.

I feel a bit ripped off, seeing Fiat are claiming 199 miles and even show pictures of this on the car display in their brochures.

Interested to know what others are seeing as maximum miles on their displays

I understand about WLTP and cold weather. I’ve also had a Tesla Model 3 long range for 12 months.

My point is that the Tesla will show the claimed miles at full charge, but I rarely get anything like those miles in the real world. I expect and accept that.

However, the 500e doesnt even show the claimed miles at full charge, regardless of the temperature. And, more importantly, shows about 20% less than a left hand version shows on its screen (I have watched a lot of video reviews…).

If left hand drive models and the brochure shows 199 miles on the screen at full charge, why do the UK ones only show 161 miles?

Unless Fiat has made a change so that the battery is now limited to 80% of capacity to protect it.

“Over 300km”…. The European models are showing the equivalent of 199 miles…

The UK ones are showing 20% less…

However, the 500e doesnt even show the claimed miles at full charge, regardless of the temperature. And, more importantly, shows about 20% less than a left hand version shows on its screen (I have watched a lot of video reviews…).

Simply ask your dealer why the difference if they don't know ask them to find out?

Thanks. I have tried, but they have said they don’t know. They just say about the WLTP range but because they aren’t aware of the European models, can’t comment.

I was just interested to get peoples experiences on here too. Whether everyone is getting 161 miles as a maximum shown on the car. And also whether there are any European owners on here and what their cars show…

I’ve emailed Fiat too but no one has replied to explain the difference.

Many electric cars in the UK have a chose of battery size so maybe they are
showing a read out from the bigger battery version.
The UK one as 199 miles with 87KW battery so as yours got the same.

Last edited:
Many electric cars in the UK have a chose of battery size so maybe they are
showing a read out from the bigger battery version.
The UK one as 199 miles with 87KW battery so as yours got the same.

Yes.. when I was looking back in the spring.. a Zoe had at least 3 options.. but price difference was massive : @£7k

And a lot of vehicles come 'without' the battery..that is rented

200miles was the figure I saw 6months ago when the 500e was shown to the press..

Anybody know what the battery : motor specs are

Did anybody actually try the callcentre.??

It covered 21 'group brands' back before covid

It comes in two flavours 24kWh:- 70kW motor with a WLTP range of 118 miles and a 42kWh, 87kw motor with a WLTP range of 199 miles. I'll find out tomorrow what the displayed range is from new on a full charge :)

Fully expecting the actual range to be no better than 75% of the WLTP figures though.

It comes in two flavours 24kWh:- 70kW motor with a WLTP range of 118 miles and a 42kWh, 87kw motor with a WLTP range of 199 miles. I'll find out tomorrow what the displayed range is from new on a full charge :)

Fully expecting the actual range to be no better than 75% of the WLTP figures though.

It’s got a full charge for you picking it up ?

It’s got a full charge for you picking it up ?

Got home safe and sound and all happy with the car. The white looks better in natural light than indoors although no longer completely white because of the weather!

IMG-20211027-WA0005.jpg

Screenshot_20211027-154206_Chrome.jpg

Be prepared for winter killing your range even further

Back