General 500 in chill out purple... Ordered

Currently reading:
General 500 in chill out purple... Ordered

Ejp

Hi all,
After months of stalking on here I have ordered my new 1.2 500 lounge in chill out purple, one of the new colours! Not sure if I have made the right choice due to a complete lack of pics of the new colour therapy colours but hey ho someone has to be a guinea pig i guess. Although my dealer sent me all the new colours and a picot new alloy wheels supplied as standard which I will post on Monday (they're on my works email)

:)

Haha! Me too!!! Just ordered exactly the same. Bit scary ordering the colour without actually seeing it. Hoping it's a bit brighter than the panda purple. Hoping to see colour sample next week!

Really great to get your favourite colour, the F500 suiting all colours we think. As soon as I spot some newbie photos posted up from you two, I'll be tempting a friend with a link. She's not into 2-doors but loves purple & loved her ride in one last year in Europe when a passenger in a hire-car. So I'm working on her. As an Italian too, she has a moral right to drive a Fiat 500 in her favourite colour, say I.;)

In the meanwhile, back to you two - enjoy the anticipation of your new arrival !
:D

Hi All - I ordered a Fiat 500 Lounge in the new Chillout Purple about 3 weeks ago, after seeing the colour on the Fiat website. The dealer said he would get hold of a colour swatch for me, before the order actually went through, as I wasn't sure how dark the purple would be. The dealer rang me today to say he had a Fiat 500 in the showroom in Chillout Purple, so I excitedly went along - I was soooooo disappointed! It's so dark it almost looks black! I couldn't believe it! It looks NOTHING like the adverts. I've now decided to go with the Volare Blue instead.

Oh no sorry to hear it wasn't what you had hoped!!! The dealer sent me a pic which showed it as very dark purple, I had ordered it in black wasn't convinced by my choice. The Voltaire blue is lovely from the pics I have seen on here so fingers crossed for you that it doesn't take to long!!!

Oh no sorry to hear it wasn't what you had hoped!!! The dealer sent me a pic which showed it as very dark purple, I had ordered it in black wasn't convinced by my choice. The Voltaire blue is lovely from the pics I have seen on here so fingers crossed for you that it doesn't take to long!!!

How long ago did you order it in black? To what point can you still 'change your mind' once you have placed an order?

How long ago did you order it in black? To what point can you still 'change your mind' once you have placed an order?
I ordered in may and it is sat at the dealers now just waiting to register it on the 1st. I changed it to purple the day before I wrote in here so 2 or 3 weeks but I would say to keep asking the question at the dealers as when I asked I literally had about a day to stick with black or change to purple! What colour are you thinking? Really like quite a few of the new colours.

I ordered in may and it is sat at the dealers now just waiting to register it on the 1st. I changed it to purple the day before I wrote in here so 2 or 3 weeks but I would say to keep asking the question at the dealers as when I asked I literally had about a day to stick with black or change to purple! What colour are you thinking? Really like quite a few of the new colours.

Pretty sure now that Im going Pasadoble Red, with the red leather/ivory ambience, 16" multispokes and the 500 rub strip.. Pretty sure..........

Pretty sure now that Im going Pasadoble Red, with the red leather/ivory ambience, 16" multispokes and the 500 rub strip.. Pretty sure..........

Hi,

It's so hard picking a colour isn't it?

I've swayed from red to purple (test drove a chill out purple TA yesterday - lovely car) to black and back to BNW!

I can't even make my mind up between street and lounge! (my local dealers have no streets yet admit when they are in the show room they sell well!)

Zippy TA or 1.2 (heart wan't TA head says 1.2)?

At the moment I really want to see as many cars 'in the flesh' as I can.

Any how, I'm lucky enough to have the BNW pop 1.2 to entertain me whilst I ponder all things 500:slayer:

I really think the combo of red and red leather is a great one and look forward to pics:)

I

I saw a red 500 for sale with the 16" alloys and the ivory and side-strip. It had cloth seats not leather.. but it looked fantastic. Good colour choice! :)

Ralf S.

I had a quick tally up and have had 5 red cars 2 white, 2 green and one blue!

Think I would like a black or chill out purple(looks black) one so it's a unique colour for me next!

Although red with black alloys looks great on the configurator!:confused:

Well, just driven excitedly past the garage to check out the "chillout purple" on the forecourt as mine is yet to arrive! I can honestly so I am sooooo gutted by the colour!! I can catagorically say that I wasn't sure which car was actually purple! It is just dark!! I thought it was going to be a nice deep funky purple, but it's just one of those dark nondescript colours that could be grey, blue, purple or yes, even black! Soooo disappointed!! :(

Well, just driven excitedly past the garage to check out the "chillout purple" on the forecourt as mine is yet to arrive! I can honestly so I am sooooo gutted by the colour!! I can catagorically say that I wasn't sure which car was actually purple! It is just dark!! I thought it was going to be a nice deep funky purple, but it's just one of those dark nondescript colours that could be grey, blue, purple or yes, even black! Soooo disappointed!! :(
It's probably one of those colours that needs a little light to hit it to work.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed. I ordered Epic Blue without seeing it and am slightly nervous of the colour.
My dealer has Chillout purple in the show room and I at first, thought it was black till I took another look (I think the bright lights were affecting it) I'm not a fan of the colour purple particularly but I keep finding myself at the dealers and being drawn to Chillout, it's growing on me. It's a very rich, smart purple, ageless almost. Sort of a plum purple. I really like it. Unfortunately the configurator and press pictures are not very accurate :(
Maybe when yours arrives, you'll love it because it's "yours" :)

Thanks for the reassurance guys, but really wish I'd gone for a different colour now! :cry:
Elsie, the epic blue would be my new choice! Looks fab!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reassurance guys, but really wish I'd gone for a different colour now! :cry:
Elsie, the epic blue would be my new choice! Looks fab!

You could relay your disappointment to the Dealer. Since it's a new colour he might an exception since you ordered it 'blind'. If you haven't got mad with the options list and kept it fairly standard they shouldn't have much trouble in getting another buyer. You will be always thinking that I should have ordered the Epic Blue - but wait until you see one in the flesh before you place another order !

Back