General 500 in chill out purple... Ordered

Currently reading:
General 500 in chill out purple... Ordered

Wow! Thanks Robin! You really know your stuff! Are you the legal expert around here?

Ha! That makes you an expert in my eyes! Thanks for the advice! :) Will report back after the meeting on Saturday!

It is "melanzana metallico" (which sounds rather sexier in Italian than it does in English - "metallic aubergine").
(y)
Metallic aubergine is the perfect description of this colour, black on first look but with deep sparkling purple highlights in the sun.
I test drove one last friday on a sunny day and the dash trim really was vivid with the sunroof open. IMHO didn't think it went well with ivory ambience and migraine inducing check lounge interior, TBH with black ambience and black leather I think I could happily live with it.

BTW went into another dealer and he had the exact same car, apparently ALL fiat dealers are having 2 sent to them!

I will wait to see a "street" model in the metal before deciding whether I'm a purple lounge or black wheeled alloy person!

Streets are due to hit the showroom in Sept so I'm told!

Last edited:
purplefiatreal.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those alloys are my favourite from the configurator, great to see them in the flesh!:)

(y)
Metallic aubergine is the perfect description of this colour, black on first look but with deep sparkling purple highlights in the sun.
I test drove one last friday on a sunny day and the dash trim really was vivid with the sunroof open. IMHO didn't think it went well with ivory ambience and migraine inducing check lounge interior, TBH with black ambience and black leather I think I could happily live with it.

BTW went into another dealer and he had the exact same car, apparently ALL fiat dealers are having 2 sent to them!

I will wait to see a "street" model in the metal before deciding whether I'm a purple lounge or black wheeled alloy person!

Streets are due to hit the showroom in Sept so I'm told!
That's exactly what I will be picking up on the 1st!!! :) I have to agree it is no where near the configurator so i really feel for you if thats the colour you fell in love with there is nothing worse than not being excited about a new toy/car but thank heavens the pic the dealer sent me was very close to what seems to of popped out the factory, plus I changed from black so glad I made the change.

That's exactly what I will be picking up on the 1st!!! :) I have to agree it is no where near the configurator so i really feel for you if thats the colour you fell in love with there is nothing worse than not being excited about a new toy/car but thank heavens the pic the dealer sent me was very close to what seems to of popped out the factory, plus I changed from black so glad I made the change.

Fantastic, look forward to the pics! :)

Incidentally, anyone who buys a 500 based on these photos should demand 19 inch alloys - the wheels have clearly been enlarged (even accounting for the slightly misaligned pieces of the poster).

Incidentally, anyone who buys a 500 based on these photos should demand 19 inch alloys - the wheels have clearly been enlarged (even accounting for the slightly misaligned pieces of the poster).

And ask for it to be lowered.

And ask for the arches to be rolled back some.. with wheels that big and lowered that much, the turning circle is otherwise going to be non existant..!

OK here are a couple of pictures taken yesterday of an outdoor advertising hoarding, in case Jilly or anyone else who has ordered one and doesn't like the reality.

What I don't get is why? If they're going to advertise it as a certain shade which people will want, then why not just paint it that shade?????

Well, just been to the dealer and I have to say he couldn't have been more helpful! My new car was there and even with the sun shining, it was nowhere near the purple I was expecting. Metallic Aubergine, with a bronze hue, is an accurate description. Not what I wanted. He could tell straight away how disappointed I was ( maybe the welling up of tears helped! I know....v girly and inexcusable). :shakehead:
To cut a long discussion short, he said they wanted me to be happy with my purchase and offered me any of the other new metallic colours! How's that for service!! (y)
So, from Tuesday, I shall be the proud owner of an Epic Blue 500! :D
Big thanks to you all for your advice and comments, esp you Robin. X

Back