General 500 in chill out purple... Ordered

Currently reading:
General 500 in chill out purple... Ordered

Well, just been to the dealer and I have to say he couldn't have been more helpful! My new car was there and even with the sun shining, it was nowhere near the purple I was expecting. Metallic Aubergine, with a bronze hue, is an accurate description. Not what I wanted. He could tell straight away how disappointed I was ( maybe the welling up of tears helped! I know....v girly and inexcusable). :shakehead:
To cut a long discussion short, he said they wanted me to be happy with my purchase and offered me any of the other new metallic colours! How's that for service!! (y)
So, from Tuesday, I shall be the proud owner of an Epic Blue 500! :D
Big thanks to you all for your advice and comments, esp you Robin. X

Wow that is very good of them.. how are they able to get the Epic Blue in for you so quickly, were they getting it in anyway? I am pleased to hear that you got it sorted without any hassle x

How disappointing Jill - did you see the epic blue in person? Can you describe it, as that's one of the colours we are all unsure about exactly how it looks!
Hi FloJo! I did indeed see the EB. I wish I'd thought to take a pic! I will post one on Tues when I pick mine up. It's still a "dark" car, but has a beautiful rich bright blue hue when the light shines on it. Looks fab!
Don't go by the dealers sample colours!! It's nothing like that!

Wow that is very good of them.. how are they able to get the Epic Blue in for you so quickly, were they getting it in anyway? I am pleased to hear that you got it sorted without any hassle x
It was already there hippycinq! The dealers had ordered one of each of the new colours, and kindly let me have theirs as the spec was the same as I'd ordered on the CP.

I wish I'd thought to take a pic! I will post one on Tues when I pick mine up. It's still a "dark" car, but has a beautiful rich bright blue hue when the light shines on it. Looks fab!
Don't go by the dealers sample colours!! It's nothing like that!

I ordered Epic Blue. Hope I like it.
Look forward to seeing a pic of yours :)
I was hoping it would be darker because my dealer was showing me the Punto Teal and saying it might be similar, which I wasn't keen on.

Last Friday's Evening Standard carried one of those "four pages around the outside of the paper so it becomes the front and back page" adverisements for the 500 promoting the new colours. Pictures attached.

A couple of notable points: there is no COP featured (perhaps they read FiatForum, or maybe it is just that they have already heavily advertised that one?) and the Volare Blue car features white wheels (which I think I like).

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 50
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 42
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 51
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 43
Yeah you'd have yo say that at some point the advert committee said "Right, so we go with the cool yellow and beige colours on the front and the back, becasue they are new and really retro (and we are f*$king people off with our chill out purple adverts that are totally misleading); we'll put the white wheels on page 3 because that's quite funky and goes with the threme. Err, what's left....? Umm, ok, right, white mirrors."

Got it!!! Shiny new Epic Blue 500 on the drive! :D

The colour is absolutely gorgeous when the sun shines on it. Looks black at dusk, but that's ok by me. Will post pics later!

Fab little car!!(y)

The colour is absolutely gorgeous when the sun shines on it. Looks black at dusk, but that's ok by me. Will post pics later!

Fab little car!!(y)

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing pictures! And glad it all turned out well for you in the end! x

Fab little car!!(y)

Any pics yet?? Or are you too busy enjoying it..!??!

Saw a purple 500 today at my dealer as I signed for my 500. I had to look twice as I thought it was black. Even in bright sunshine it wasn't anything like the pictures in promo material or on the configurator. Not a bad colour, but only just purple.

Sorry guys, have been on Hols for a while. Really enjoying EB 500! Great little car! Such fun to drive! :)
Tried to post some pics, but having a bit of trouble :( Hope to have some up soon!

Had to nip into our dealer on Saturday as the clutch sensor has broken off our new Panda (nothing major thankfully).

They also had one of the new Chillout Purple 500s - indeed it was nothing like the original colour promoted in the media. In actual fact I was surprised just how dark it was even with the sun hitting the bodywork.

Will be interested to see how jillym's car looks! The Brit Pop Blue colour for the Punto is sweet as IMO (there was one of those at the dealer too), not sure if the Epic Blue is completely the same but I can't imagine it's too far off.

Will be interested to see how jillym's car looks! The Brit Pop Blue colour for the Punto is sweet as IMO (there was one of those at the dealer too), not sure if the Epic Blue is completely the same but I can't imagine it's too far off.

I ordered Epic Blue, my dealer said it was the same as Brit Pop Blue which I like but I have a feeling Epic is a lot darker, similar to Chillout only blue.

I don't really want a colour that only looks like a colour when it's in the right light, otherwise it looks black.

I ordered Epic Blue, my dealer said it was the same as Brit Pop Blue which I like but I have a feeling Epic is a lot darker, similar to Chillout only blue.

I don't really want a colour that only looks like a colour when it's in the right light, otherwise it looks black.

Found a good link to the various colours by typing in the German names for them!

http://www.eurocars4you.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91&Itemid=136

Basically though, the Epic Blue is nothing like the Brit Pop Blue. But it does look really nice I have to say!(y)

Just wish Fiat would sort out their marketing documents though, it's not on that the colours are so poorly misrepresented IMO.

Back