General 4x4 exhaust £78

Currently reading:
General 4x4 exhaust £78

todays internet search

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-29 12.52.53.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-29 12.52.53.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 130
Hope so; thing is it's the flex joint and subsequent straight section that's not so healthy on mine...
I suspect this might be the same as a 1.2. If I get round to buying one for the 1.2 this year I will definitely check carefully. I know the flex bits are obtainable which is good The centre pipe would be reasonably easy to get made. It would be interesting to know what 4x4 TA owners would pay for an exhaust without feeling too hard done by and what we might get a batch made for.

I suspect this might be the same as a 1.2. If I get round to buying one for the 1.2 this year I will definitely check carefully. I know the flex bits are obtainable which is good The centre pipe would be reasonably easy to get made. It would be interesting to know what 4x4 TA owners would pay for an exhaust without feeling too hard done by and what we might get a batch made for.
Personally, having something available is a good starting position! The centre pipe on my 4x4 TA has a welded on hanger that had rusted away under the rubber; the MOT guy just added it as an advisory. I was able to replace with an old style exhaust clamp having extended one of the legs of the threaded "C" clamp but this will not last forever. The system on my car is OEM so nearly ten years old now, any replacement probably only needs to make half that now! Back box is sound (in fact MOT guy described it as stainless, but I don't think that is correct).

We bought one of these for our car back in 2021 and it sort of fits with a bit of bracket bending and stretching of the rubber mounts. We also bought the centre pipe they advertise but it doesn't fit at all, the bends and brackets don't line up and the flexi joint is all wrong. I suspect that there might be some sort of mix up in part numbers or panda model numbers possibly the previous model. We had to keep the rear silencer on as our old one had blown but it it quite loud and raspy. I will see if I can get some pics and videos of it over the next few days.

Did these quickly this evening when my wife got home from work.

Attachments

• PXL_20230412_164750784.jpg
    PXL_20230412_164750784.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20230412_164800408.jpg
    PXL_20230412_164800408.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
Back