Tuning 4x4 cross twin air remap

Currently reading:
Tuning 4x4 cross twin air remap

So we’ve had the Celtic remap on the panda for a couple months now, and so just reporting back.

There’s definitely a noticeable difference, in that the power is delivered for longer through the gears, so it does have a bit more to give when you a say joining a motorway.

I’d say what you lose is a punch of power, I’m pretty sure I used to be able to feel the rears kick in if I booted around a bend, whilst this was fun, I don’t think it’s a bad thing that the power is smoother.

Also, it feels like fuel economy is better 34mpg average since the map, i forgot to note the average when I reset the stats (what are others getting?) I drive it properly, and my other half drives it properly sometimes, but mostly on eco. But I don’t seem to be filling up all the time, but that might be my subliminal tactics playing fill up chicken as I’m between jobs atm 😂

I’ll hopefully give it a run at Prescott Italia Hill Climb at the end of the month.

Snow would put an interesting twist on the results table… 🙏

MID 50's, but it's 2wd and does LONG trips in ECO 😉

The telling thing will be
"Average trip MPH"

My Punto does low 50's
Panda mid 50's

RECENTLY PURCHASED Alfa had 41 mpg average but 7 mph speed

All mine average @30mph speed

Alfa is now near 50mpg in my USE 🙂

Last edited:
The telling thing will be
"Average trip MPH"

My Punto does low 50's
Panda mid 50's

RECENTLY PURCHASED Alfa had 41 mpg average but 7 mph speed

All mine average @30mph speed

Alfa is now near 50mpg in my USE 🙂
I’ll note the average speed, but for the 4x4 what I’m getting is probably same as others, so to get a better performance map and not lose much if anything in fuel use, then I’m happy.

Alfa with 7mph average speed, how many miles on the trip, if never reset what a waste of even having a car!

...I’m pretty sure I used to be able to feel the rears kick in if I booted around a bend...
Shouldn't do. The rears will only get drive if a front wheel loses traction enough for its rotational speed to be markedly different, and that's more likely at low speeds on slippery terrain. But maybe...?

Shouldn't do. The rears will only get drive if a front wheel loses traction enough for its rotational speed to be markedly different, and that's more likely at low speeds on slippery terrain. But maybe...?

Yeah Wet and a little loss of traction.

Just a word of caution.

We've seen a lot of posts here from folks who've experienced DMF failures at modest mileages, often under 50k, and there have also been a number of failures relating to the 4x4 specific parts (propshaft centre bearing, viscous coupling). None of these are cheap repairs.

I'd just give some thought to the effect that increasing engine power (and more specifically engine torque) may have on the 4x4 powertrain. From what I've seen posted here, it's only just about fit for purpose out of the factory.
Torque up to disel levels should be OK?

I’ll note the average speed, but for the 4x4 what I’m getting is probably same as others, so to get a better performance map and not lose much if anything in fuel use, then I’m happy.

Alfa with 7mph average speed, how many miles on the trip, if never reset what a waste of even having a car!

We are people who DRIVE,
not spending 50% of our time sat at traffic lights 😉

Back