Styling 2012 Punto Pop Interior

Currently reading:
Styling 2012 Punto Pop Interior

Hi

I was at my local Fiat dealer the other day and couldn't believe my eyes! They had a brand new (labels on and seat bags fitted) 2012 Punto Pop. Forgive me if this has been asked before, but why has it got the Grande dash fitted?

Prior to my 500, I had a Punto Evo 1.4 Active, so I would assume this pop is the replacement for my car..and that had the lovely Evo dash (obviously)

I can't think of another time where a car manufacturer has effectively gone backwards with a new model. Seems crazy. If I'd ordered the Punto Pop and it came with the old dash I'd be seriously thinking about cancelling...not to mention no standard blue and me.

What do others think?

500 is amazing though!

Cheers!

I agree.. We thought we may have made a mistake buying the evo just before the new punto came out but when I seen the interior of the new punto it was quite pleasing, it looks so much worse.

I saw that on a Punto 2012 Pop at a deale a few weeks ago & my jaw dropped. The salesman wasn't entirely sure why the Grande dash had been used but you'll be pleased to know after investigation i've established it's just the Pop trim level that has the horrid Grande dashboard. The Easy, Lounge and GBT (and i'd imagine new TwinAir) trim levels all have the Evo dashboard - even the configurator on fiat.co.uk changes to the old dashboard when you spec up a Pop version (y)

Unfortunately regardless of dash, equipment is quite stingy on the 2012 models - only top spec Lounge has Blue&Me as standard - think it was standard across the range on the Evo :( The front grill area is abit nicer on the 2012 but overall i think i'd rather have an Evo in GP or Sporting spec unless a hefty discount was being offered on the 2012 model. The £1400 deposit contribution on Fiat finance is decent but i'd probably want even more money off. They just seem very expensive for the equipment & power being offered & i think the cheaper Chrysler (Lancia) Ypsilon & slightly more expensive Alfa MiTo look better value, personally (or 500 & Panda).

Hi all
here's a quick pic of the dash on my 2012 easy

Attachments

• dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 171
where does the Easy sit in the line up now? does it replace Dynamic?

One thing that i dont like about the evo/ up spec 2012 punto dash is the heater control knobs been totally round you have no way of feeling where its blowing to and having to take you eyes off the road to check where the little white insert is aimed at oh and the speedo could be clearer

(not having a go my EVO is the same) ;)

It's the next one up in the range to the pop but i have no idea which it replaces:eek:

White bit on the control knob, LUXURY:) My heater control knobs don't even have the white marks

I thought it a bit strange as you can't tell where they are as you say unless you look. Your right about the speedo and i hadn't thought of it as clutered before.

martin

yours have the white marks can see them in your pic on the centre bit which is shiny :)

its the speedo isnt cluttered as such but it tends to catch the sun light and reflect badly compared to my old GP Our MD has a Dolbo (which uses the same dash and he hates it due to been old and having knackered eyesight )

looks like you have a bloody big cup holder in it (mines small due to the B&M port which lives there )

Right got you now, i thought you meant that they continued onto the outer ring of the switch, sorry:D

As for the speedo, i see what you mean. I can't remember what it looked like on my old GP.

As for the cup holder :p it's a phone holder but also doubles as somewhere to keep my change:D

martin

Afternoon all,

Dredging up an old thread here, but maybe someone can help!

On the Fiat UK configurator, there is no sign that the Pop model has the old style Grande Punto dashboard/fascia. However the brochure (which appears to be dated June or July 2013) says that it does.

Looking on Auto Trader at Puntos which are a year or less, there are a few 1.2 Pops dotted around which have got the updated dashboard/fascia. Most of these seem to be 13 plate onwards.

So does anyone know if they are all on the standard "modern" dashboard, or if the Pop is still fitted with this old style one.

FWIW, I do think it's a very odd move too! I can only assume it is part of a plan to get people to trade up to an Easy or higher spec model.

not sure of the EXACT answer,

but punto production ( UK supply) stopped in jan 2013 waiting for the NEW revised Punto, to be launched,
I know as I tried to order mine.. had to buy a UK stocked car,

are you looking to buy one..?,
or trying to date a certain car ..??,

I know the specs + trim names became VERY confusing,

Charlie

Thanks for the info, yeah it is confusing!

Was just curious as I was looking on the Broadspeed website and they are able to source 5dr 1.2 Pops for as little as £7,995. Now of course there are some other costs to add on, but it is still incredibly cheap.

I don't think we would be interested right now as we have got the Panda on a PCP agreement which has a way to go yet.

But if we were to buy one, I'd definitely prefer to have a new style dash rather than the old Grande Punto one!:D

They've gone back to using the new dash on all models again now. From what they call 'Series 7' or 'S7' Puntos, which are essentially 13 plate onwards, the Pop model gets the new dash instead of the old Grande dash.

The Series 7 Pops can be identified as having steel wheels with hub caps (like previous 2012 Pop models), but with body-coloured door handles. The previous 2012 Pops (with Grande dashboard) had black door handles like the old Punto Evo Active and Grande Punto Active!

Confused?! I dunno how I keep track with the Punto tbh - they're forever changing it.

Back