Technical Fiat Punto Pop 2013 problem and solution! Dashboard message saying ‘Hill Holder Unavailable’ - ‘ESP Unavailable’ - ‘Stop and Start Unavailable’

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto Pop 2013 problem and solution! Dashboard message saying ‘Hill Holder Unavailable’ - ‘ESP Unavailable’ - ‘Stop and Start Unavailable’

Feefee8

I’m writing this because there was no definitive answer for this problem on any forum when i was trying to troubleshoot it for our car.

So one day our Fiat Punto Pop 2013 developed a consistent beep from the dashboard at start up and whilst driving. This loud beeping was accompanied by the following messages ‘Hill Holder Unavailable’ - ‘ESP Unavailable’ - ‘Stop and Start Unavailable’. We noticed that it mostly occurred at start up and when braking, but could not work out what was causing it.

I saw a few forums saying to check the brake light switch. (for those that dont know, this is a trigger like switch that sits behind the brake pedal and activates the tail lights when you press the pedal). I did some searching online and couldn’t find a clear answer as to exactly what the product code was for a replacement brake switch.

For the sake of anyone experiencing this exact issue for this model of car, the name and product code are:

VEMO Brake Light Switch
Part Number:
V24-73-0035

Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 11.18.55 am.png

I purchased the part for about $50 from an auto store, and it takes literally 5 minutes to get down in the foot well of the drivers side, twist the old brake switch a half turn, unplug the cord and replace it with the new switch.

IMG_1153.jpeg

low and behold, it solved the entire problem! no beeping and no dashboard messages!

Hope this helps.

Sounds like a simple fix in your case. Good bit of diagnosis.
Many with those error messages on Fiats have earthing, low charging from alternator, wrong type of battery (not Stop Start) duff batteries, etc.:)

Back