Technical 2004 Panda 1.1 active - Whining issue?

Currently reading:
Technical 2004 Panda 1.1 active - Whining issue?

you may not notice a difference but your engine will thank you. those horror stories are engines that are already beyond hope and the flush has moved some of the metallic debris into bearing shells etc.
the flush will help remove any sludge anything left will be suspended in the new oil and trapped by the oil filter.
If the new oil stays golden then all is good, if it goes black quickly then I would do yet another oil change at about 2-3000 miles.
with an internally cleaned engine there should be less friction and a possible increase in MPG.

I just had another thought, if the sludge is that bad it might be worth during a service dropping the sump pan and giving that a good clean as well, the oil pump pick up is probably sat in thick sludge, I've seen this on classic cars with low oil pressure. The flush should loosen most of this, I wonder if a camera would fit into the sump plug for a look...…..
Interesting thought...
I think I will go ahead with the flush. Is there any benefit to doing it gradually? Say 1/3 of a bottle of flush over 3 oil changes for the full bottle?

Is it fairly simple to drop the sump?

Edit - the oil I changed 600 miles ago is still golden-ish... It's definitely not looking brand new, but it is still golden somewhat

Last edited:
I cancelled the forte flush and then re-ordered it after being persuaded to.
I am still concerned as my Panda has not really had any oil changes up until 2 weeks ago when I got it, so I am concerned about dislodging huge bits of crap and it causing issues. I have seen lots of horror stories online and this.

Really not sure!

Interesting thought...
I think I will go ahead with the flush. Is there any benefit to doing it gradually? Say 1/3 of a bottle of flush over 3 oil changes for the full bottle?

Is it fairly simple to drop the sump?

Edit - the oil I changed 600 miles ago is still golden-ish... It's definitely not looking brand new, but it is still golden somewhat
Use the whole bottle of flush in one go, it will make a huge difference, and make the oil stay much cleaner for longer.

Use the whole bottle of flush in one go, it will make a huge difference, and make the oil stay much cleaner for longer.
And it definitely won't cause me issues given the lack of oil changes? It hasn't had any for a very long time before I did one.

I cancelled the forte flush and then re-ordered it after being persuaded to.
I am still concerned as my Panda has not really had any oil changes up until 2 weeks ago when I got it, so I am concerned about dislodging huge bits of crap and it causing issues. I have seen lots of horror stories online and this.

Really not sure!
I wouldn't bother too much about those horror stories.
the forte flush is the best product on the market for cleaning the engine from the inside out and the only one I would use.

I wouldn't bother too much about those horror stories.
the forte flush is the best product on the market for cleaning the engine from the inside out and the only one I would use.
Okay, well I will give it a go! Given I did an oil change 600-700 miles ago, do I need to do an oil change again and run it for a few days before adding the flush and then draining and refilling? Or should it be okay to add it to the current oil in it and then drain and refill after letting it idle for the specified time.

And it definitely won't cause me issues given the lack of oil changes? It hasn't had any for a very long time before I did one.
The sludge in the engine is not doing it any good, stopping the fresh new oil from lubricating everywhere properly, it is best to get the sludge cleaned out as soon as possible, forte motor flush will do this without harming anything, unless it is already worn because of lack of lubrication.
I have been a mechanic since the 1980's and never seen any problems using forte products.
if I were you I would use the flush, oil and filter change, run it for about 2 months and then do a flush, oil and filter change again.

Okay, well I will give it a go! Given I did an oil change 600-700 miles ago, do I need to do an oil change again and run it for a few days before adding the flush and then draining and refilling? Or should it be okay to add it to the current oil in it and then drain and refill after letting it idle for the specified time.
Add to the current oil in the car as it was changed recently will be fine.

The sludge in the engine is not doing it any good, stopping the fresh new oil from lubricating everywhere properly, it is best to get the sludge cleaned out as soon as possible, forte motor flush will do this without harming anything, unless it is already worn because of lack of lubrication.
I have been a mechanic since the 1980's and never seen any problems using forte products.
if I were you I would use the flush, oil and filter change, run it for about 2 months and then do a flush, oil and filter change again.
What are the chances of the engine being worn inside already? At 37k miles?

So you think to go straight for the flush now and then drain and refill instead of drain, refill, flush, drain, refill?

What are the chances of the engine being worn inside already? At 37k miles?

So you think to go straight for the flush now and then drain and refill instead of drain, refill, flush, drain, refill?
The engine is probably fine, It has not been driven lots, just neglected.
Yes straight to flush

All the bits are due to arrive tomorrow/Friday.
So to recap, add the whole bottle of flush to the current oil (don't bother changing first?) And then let idle for however long the bottle says. Then drain that oil and add fresh oil and change the filter.
Correct?

Yep!
I've used half a liter ATF instead of special flush succesfully in the past as well.

gr J
In your Panda?
Still concerned about the fact it hasn't had an oil change for 13 years and 27k miles before the change I did, whether it could cause issues

Nah. My 100Hp has always been in perfect condition.
Was in the old Marbella (Spanish Panda) we had when my kids had just got their license. The Marbella was cheap, but had stood for a long time and was seriously neglected. I added ATF (and even a small amount of brakefluid) and cleaned out the PCV. After a week fresh oil went in and we enjoyed it for years. It even sold for more then we invested in it:D

gr J

My concern is the lack of oil changes in it's lifetime and the fact there are signs of old (hopefully) leaks on the right hand side of the engine (passenger side of the car). No oil dropped on the ground, so I'd hope they are old, but I've read that the forte can cause old seals to become leaky again.

I guess I'm wondering if it NEEDS to be done? Or can a few regular oil changes over a shorter period of time and a very good blast do the trick?

Yes it can. Never really warm up (short trips) and no regular fresh oil results in water in the crankcase due to condensation. Your new oil and heating it up on a long trip might cure it. Make sure the PCVhose is free of white sludge and enjoy the car.
Oil might come from spills on topping up the oil.
Clean it and watch if new drops appear.

gr J

Yes it can. Never really warm up (short trips) and no regular fresh oil results in water in the crankcase due to condensation. Your new oil and heating it up on a long trip might cure it. Make sure the PCVhose is free of white sludge and enjoy the car.
Oil might come from spills on topping up the oil.
Clean it and watch if new drops appear.

gr J
Okay, I think I'll keep hold of the flush and put it in my collection for now. I'll change the oil and filter tomorrow and then give it a good blast.
How can I check the PCV hose?

Update - I've put jubilee clips on all 3 ends of the crankcase breather hose, still can smell fuel a bit if you put your nose right up to it. Hopefully not in the cabin though!
I cleaned out the passageway of the crankcase breather, I'll see if it stays clear.

Looks like my rocker cover gasket is the leak I mentioned before. I'll add some photos. IMG_20200205_190829.jpegIMG_20200205_185055.jpegIMG_20200205_185038.jpegIMG_20200205_185049.jpeg

Back