S3600029.JPG

Panda (Classic) 1988 4x4 Sisley

Introduction

As promised here are a few pictures of my Sisley I picked up yesterday

S3600029.JPG

S3600030.JPG

S3600031.JPG

I'm going to give it a good clean and check over tomorrow but I had to have a play with the 4WD in our field first :D
After 7 months of the Sisley sitting idle, today I fetched it home to get the final prep work done so it is ready to be painted. I have a couple of areas to re-prime and a final rub down, and then it can go grey again:D.

The doors, bonnet and tailgate are also now in primer and just need a final rub down aswell, these will be done after the car, that way I can fit them as soon as they are done to minimise the chance of damage.

I haven't taken any photos apart from this one

Its the first time I've had all 4 of my vehicles together, you can tell which one does all the hard work, the Pandas get a nice easy life in comparison:p

I nearly brought a series 3 V8 on Sunday :eek:Part of me wishes I had now, but think the running costs would have been something else - 12mpg on LPG :eek:

I nearly brought a series 3 V8 on Sunday :eek:Part of me wishes I had now, but think the running costs would have been something else - 12mpg on LPG :eek:

I had a Series 3 diesel, that was doing about 30mpg, the TD5 I have now is only doing 23mpg doing the same sort of driving, it can keep up with traffic however, which the Series failed to do unless you were on a completely flat road or going downhill. It also starts first time, has a heater that works and it drags Pandas around without even noticing:p

They'd bite your head off man! :eek:

Land rovers really are the best four by four by far but it's so much fun pissing the drivers off getting places that they can't in a rot box Panda that is clearly far more plucky :)

I bet it is, at some point I hope to get a similarly solid but slightly rough 4x4 as yours to do just that in. I'm afraid my Sisley will just be too shiny to go anywhere near a greenlane:eek:

Fair play to that, you've put the work in to get the reward there would be no point in spoiling it, i am looking forward to seeing said shinyness! It's really a shame there aren't more about i am sure we would all want two for the same reason - we'll have to start importing them from italy!

Fair play to that, you've put the work in to get the reward there would be no point in spoiling it, i am looking forward to seeing said shinyness! It's really a shame there aren't more about i am sure we would all want two for the same reason - we'll have to start importing them from italy!

Italian 4x4's seem to go for more money than they do here. (n)

So yesterday I did this:

Car masked up and sprayable seam sealer applied to the sills, rear inner arches and bottom of the front panel

Then today:

Five coats of basecoat and three coats of laquer. I can't take credit for this part though, I'm not that good with a spray gun so I left it to a friend who does it everyday, he has done a fantastic job, it hardly needs polishing:D

Still need to paint the front panel, scuttle and door pillars in satin black, this will be done on Monday after the laquer has had time to cure.

Last edited:
Back