IMG_3080.jpeg

Panda (Classic) Just bought a 4x4

Introduction

Hi everyone
Yesterday I agreed a deal on a little red 4x4 that was listed on eBay.
It’s an Italian car and rust free (if that’s even possible) and looks to be a well sorted example.
It will be replacing my little East German Trabant that I will need to sell to make room.
I have always fancied one of these since seeing them on the Amalfi Coast and have previously owned a classic 500, but to be honest I never got on with so that did not stay around long.

IMG_3080.jpeg
IMG_3082.jpeg
IMG_3081.jpeg
IMG_3087.jpeg
IMG_3084.jpeg
I saw that, and the two Sisley, very nice looking motor…wish I’d kept all mine now! I recognise it from somewhere deep in my subconscious, it originally had a beige interior, if memory serves!

Hi .....
The 4x4 looks in great condition, I wish you many miles of happy motoring.
Make sure you change the engine oil and filter every 3,000 miles, also spray the underside of the panda and inside all the doors etc with lanoguard every 6 months.

Hi .....
The 4x4 looks in great condition, I wish you many miles of happy motoring.
Make sure you change the engine oil and filter every 3,000 miles, also spray the underside of the panda and inside all the doors etc with lanoguard every 6 months.
Great advice thank you.

I have and have had various classics, so understand the need for simple regular maintenance.
The Panda has had a recent dose of Lanoguard and I already use the product on my Tiger, so she will be well looked after in that regard.
I have not seen the car in the flesh but my brother who viewed the car for me was very impressed with the rust free shell, the only thing I may look to improve is the seat covering which are faded with age. Not sure if these are available.

Hi.......
Contact "shop4parts" they may be able to assist you with new seat covers, alternatively locate vehicle upholsterers and have new covers made.
Also regularly change the coolant and the oil in the transaxle, transfer box, and rear differential unit, I highly recommend "Westway lubricants"

... also spray the underside of the panda and inside all the doors etc with lanoguard every 6 months.
That Lanoguard looks like a great product, but it appears to be available in the UK not the USA.

All of my vehicles are vacuumed, blown, washed, blown, dried and covered after each usage, including hosing the underbody and washing the wheel wells.

When I lived in the rust belt, I modified the plumbing in my house to permit garden hose washing w/ cold or hot water. In the winter I would hose off the sand / salt prior to pulling into the heated garage. My old cars lasted w/ almost no rust, where the others had long ago been discarded because of rust.

All my existing vehicles will greatly outlast me, especially now that I'm living in tropical weather.

That Lanoguard looks like a great product, but it appears to be available in the UK not the USA.

All of my vehicles are vacuumed, blown, washed, blown, dried and covered after each usage, including hosing the underbody and washing the wheel wells.

When I lived in the rust belt, I modified the plumbing in my house to permit garden hose washing w/ cold or hot water. In the winter I would hose off the sand / salt prior to pulling into the heated garage. My old cars lasted w/ almost no rust, where the others had long ago been discarded because of rust.

All my existing vehicles will greatly outlast me, especially now that I'm living in tropical weather.
Hi........
That's great that you have no corrosion due to the washing off all the road dirt etc.
Can you obtain "Dinitrol" in the USA, that is another excellent product to prevent corrosion?

The Dinitrol is available as an aerosol, a caulk gun cartridge, or a small bottle w/ internal dauber brush.

The trigger pump on Lanoguard appears to be a superior format for underbody protection.
Hi Again......
Yes the Lanoguard is an excellent product, the company will dispatch internationally it's on their website under the heading "shipping", so I would recommend you sending an Email to obtain a quote.
With the kit they included lano grease which is applied to any areas that requires additional corrosion protection, 1 kit is normally sufficient for 2 large vehicles.

Hi........
That's great that you have no corrosion due to the washing off all the road dirt etc.
Can you obtain "Dinitrol" in the USA, that is another excellent product to prevent corrosion?
It is, and much more durable than Lanoguard, whose sudden rise in popularity I've noted.

Hi.......
Contact "shop4parts" they may be able to assist you with new seat covers, alternatively locate vehicle upholsterers and have new covers made.
Also regularly change the coolant and the oil in the transaxle, transfer box, and rear differential unit, I highly recommend "Westway lubricants"
Thank for the tips.

Well I picked the car up today and drove back from Colchester to Hertfordshire without incident 😊

As you might expect, there was quite a lot of road noise from the tyres at motorway speeds.

Tomorrow I will get a chance to have a good look at her.

Well I picked the car up today and drove back from Colchester to Hertfordshire without incident 😊

As you might expect, there was quite a lot of road noise from the tyres at motorway speeds.

Congratulations.
Jus to let you know: a 45 gallon drum can go into the rear, with the seats down of course. 😂

That's brilliant news.
I recommend having "Michelin crossclimate 2" tyres being fitted all round.

The interior of my little Panda is a bit of a mash up with blue/ grey side panels and blue seats (one with a worn base), but beige carpet and dash pad.

But I have managed to find new seat pads, used grey/blue dash pad and dark grey carpet.

The seats and dash pad are on the way over, just need the eBay seller of the carpet to confirm shipping date.

Will make a big difference one done and so will post before and after pics once the job is done.

Back