Technical 1.6 making a whining noise!

Currently reading:
Technical 1.6 making a whining noise!

pantsmc

Hello - I'm new to Fiats and it's been a baptism of fire so far but I'm having a few small issues with my Stilo.

Havign driven through a puddle the car now whines, Sounds a bit like a milkfloat really! Dip the clutch and it goes away but can be heard when driving normally. I've also lost my horn now too and I've checked the fuse - will try relay next.

The car now also doesn't like idling. It drops to 500/600 rpm and then back up again, so close each time to a stall but generally doesn't. Seems to be worse once the car's warmed up.

The gas pedal seems VERY sensitive - is this normal? Still can't get used to it!

On the postive side though....I've fixed my airbag warnings - Thanks to the guides on here! I did have to do all four of mine but now have an error free dash! If only I could sort these last few niggles I'd be sorted!

Thanks guys

Pantsmc

Stilo is an 02 Active 1.6 with 44k miles. 5 door and fuel flap less too (I've a new one to fit!)

to sort out your idle, sounds like you need to clean the inlet control valve/butterfly valve.. theres a guide for this in the guides section which should sort you out, is an easy fix(y)

Thanks chaps - It's a Stilly weekend so hope to sort a few things!

Whine is actually still there with the clutch engaged and not - found this out today. Seems worse with the clutch out but I think that's just me.

I'll try and record the sound and post it here!

Thanks again

Whine is actually still there with the clutch engaged and not - found this out today. Seems worse with the clutch out but I think that's just me.

I'll try and record the sound and post it here!

does it sound like a classic (moggy minor/mini) coming of gas giving a 'wher her her her her her her her' noise decreasing in pitch as the car slows under free wheeling?

I "think" it's coming from the alternator but I need an assistant to rev as I stuff my head in the bonnet!

Back