Tuning 1/4 mille time

Currently reading:
Tuning 1/4 mille time

chatruk

hello i make this thread,because i whant tho now if someone put the car in a drag race,what time get?
can you tell the model of the engine,and mods if have.
dont forget the time of 1/4 mille-

thanks.
:slayer::slayer::slayer:

Listen mate, whilst I understand your curiosity, I think you're barking up the wrong tree to find these sorts of things here. Many of us Bravo owners are family men, who just enjoy the looks and gadgets of this car. Not many of us if any are interested in quarter mile drag strips and top speeds. I hope you get an answer but I very much doubt you will find it here. The only sporty, raced drivers on this site will probably only be found in the Abarth sections. Maybe some Grande a Punto owners also. But all of us realise we don't have a super car and just enjoy it for what it is. A gorgeous Italian family hatchback.

I think that everyone can make and use your car as you like, without affecting the rest.
Now if you do not have an answer to what I asked, do not answer anything please.
and I have a father and women who are responsible for claim these things.

I till the more familiar car in the world can be proven in a drag track, what's wrong?

thanks for nothing.

Listen mate, whilst I understand your curiosity, I think you're barking up the wrong tree to find these sorts of things here. Many of us Bravo owners are family men, who just enjoy the looks and gadgets of this car. Not many of us if any are interested in quarter mile drag strips and top speeds. I hope you get an answer but I very much doubt you will find it here. The only sporty, raced drivers on this site will probably only be found in the Abarth sections. Maybe some Grande a Punto owners also. But all of us realise we don't have a super car and just enjoy it for what it is. A gorgeous Italian family hatchback.

Stop being such a patronizing **** whenever someone asks about the car's performance.

I think it's you who's in the wrong forum.

Last edited:
Stop being such a patronizing **** whenever someone asks about the car's performance.

I think it's you who's in the wrong forum.

I don't really think this is being patronising. Matthew is merely suggesting to the OP that he may not be on the best forum for performance related topics. He has pointed out that most people discuss aesthetics and looks of cars rather than there top speed and quarter mile times.

May I suggest torqueitalia.net who's name is suggesting of engine power and may be more suitable for more information

thanks guy`s,thats im talking!!!

:slayer::slayer::slayer:

I don't really think this is being patronising. Matthew is merely suggesting to the OP that he may not be on the best forum for performance related topics. He has pointed out that most people discuss aesthetics and looks of cars rather than there top speed and quarter mile times.

To understand my post, you have to check his other replies to the same OP when he asked about top speed in another thread.

This is an open forum, anyone is allowed to discuss anything about Bravos and no one is allowed to dictate what is and isn't a proper topic when that topic is not forbidden by forum rules.

It's what some of us call free speech.

To understand my post, you have to check his other replies to the same OP when he asked about top speed in another thread.

This is an open forum, anyone is allowed to discuss anything about Bravos and no one is allowed to dictate what is and isn't a proper topic when that topic is not forbidden by forum rules.

I'm not dictating what is and isn't a forbidden topic. I'm giving my view on how I read Matthews post. And that was giving the suggestion this this particular forum may not he the best source of information as the topics aren't the most discussed there's no need to get all defensive about your human rights when somebody suggests a different source of information.

I'm not dictating what is and isn't a forbidden topic. I'm giving my view on how I read Matthews post. And that was giving the suggestion this this particular forum may not he the best source of information as the topics aren't the most discussed there's no need to get all defensive about your human rights when somebody suggests a different source of information.

I wasn't talking about you. read again.

Oh and this forum turned out to be a great source of information on that topic just like for any other topic concerning the fiat Bravo. So you're both wrong, don't get all defensive.

I wasn't talking about you. read again.

Oh and this forum turned out to be a great source of information on that topic just like for any other topic concerning the fiat Bravo. So you're both wrong, don't get all defensive.

Yes you're correct it did turn out to be a good source of information.
I, myself never said it wouldn't be. I said that was what Matthew was trying to say, and I offered another source of information in case that happened to be. So I wasn't really wrong about anything.
Don't get all smug.

As much as an online apology means very little to me maybe I should explain myself so that you can do so. Firstly this is the first time I've come across as "patronising" (even though it wasn't my intention) with any of the "speed related" threads in fact I'll happily link you to this guys other thread in which I happily replied. So I have no idea what "other replies" I've made to upset you. Maybe you have me confused with someone else? https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo/342420-top-speed.html

Anyway. My original post was in no way demeaning to the guy. In fact I even posted that I hope he finds the answers to his "understandable" curiosity? All I was saying was this fiat fan forum isn't really the place for super sporty, facts and figures especially involving 1/4 mile drag strips and top speeds. And I also didnt say he wouldn't find it. I just stated that the vast majority on the Bravo boards are only interested in the simple aesthetics and looks of the car instead of pure powers and speed. I even tried to direct him to boards that may be better suited. My whole post was me trying to help him rather than belittle him or confront him. So I don't understand all the negativity to my post, include unlikes. I also don't appreciate myself being told to go elsewhere.

Anyway. As I started this post, your apology isn't exactly going to help. But acknowledgment that I wasn't actually being nasty would. Then again my life will continue fine without it. So maybe I should leave the boards if I'm so nasty and counter productive to the threads.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out I wasn't trying to tell you what to do with your car either. What you do is completely up to you. And just to reiterate I was trying to be helpful in all honesty

Last edited:
May i ask how it was uncalled for? When I've just explained the comment thoroughly? As a public forum the guy was asking a question and I tried to help him?

In fact you said it yourself. In an earlier post whilst insulting me even though you've just found out it wasn't me. Free speech. I wasn't trying to stop him finding the answers or talking about it. I merely tried to point him in the right direction,

Last edited:
It was uncalled for because he asked a valid question and you dismissed it like he's crazy to even talk about speed around here.

This is not a retirement home, there are even people in this forum who drive their cars on tracks I'll let you know.

Last edited:

That would be the thread in which Tad threw quite a number of insults in my direction. This was after I commented on the whole speed thing. Interesting that you should mention free speech Tad!!!

Chatruk seems to be very interested in the speed of his Bravo (which is fine), however I do find it amusing that people are so fascinated by drag speeds, tops speeds and thrashing the living daylights (which is what drag racing is about) out of their four door family hatchbacks. It takes all sorts I suppose!

It was uncalled for because he asked a valid question and you dismissed it like he's crazy to even talk about speed around here.

This is not a retirement home, there are even people in this forum who drive their cars on tracks I'll let you know.
How did I dismiss it. I merely pointed out he may be barking up the wrong tree looking in these boards. As the majority on these boards aren't interested in that sort of thing. I'm also yet to be proven otherwise. And by saying majority I'm also admitting that yes there will be some that are interested. So to inform me that it's not a "retirement home" and that some people "drive on tracks" is quite wholly unnecessary. May I also point out that I'm a 23 year old lad, I love my cars, football etc. So fully understand his curiosity to want to know the top speeds etc. Just to repeat myself. again! I tried to help by pointing him to other boards on the site that may be more suited for his question, But it's fine, you insult me about posts that weren't even made by me, ignore everything I have explained thus far. It all means very little to me. You seem to preach free speech but happily insult me about such a thing, even worse the things you insult me about firstly didn't happen and secondly you're misquoting me as someone else in entirely different threads. I'm done with this conversation. It is not me that is looking bad here. Even though I'm the one coming out of this insulted with disliked posts and offers to "go elsewhere".

Hope you get what you originally wanted to find out chatruk. I shan't be clicking on this thread again.

Last edited:
Back