Technical 1.3 multi jet Dpf help

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 multi jet Dpf help

White 500L

Hiya. I have a 500L with the 1.3 multi jet engine. I’m having a few problems and I’ve replaced the map sensor, MAF sensor, turbo actuator and now I’m getting code p2002 and cars in limp mode. How do I fix this? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Hiya. I have a 500L with the 1.3 multi jet engine. I’m having a few problems and I’ve replaced the map sensor, MAF sensor, turbo actuator and now I’m getting code p2002 and cars in limp mode. How do I fix this? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi 🙂

General concensus is that it's sensing poor flow though the DPF 🤔

IF you have had poor running.. Maybe it has upset the regens.. 😕

What has the servicing schedule been like? Clearing logs and resetting parameters ok?

SEARCH p2002 on here for more info

Daves long running Croma thread was reasonably conclusive 👍

Others may be able to give more specific advice but it does appear to be DPF related , is your driving mostly short town low speed journeys if so going for a decent faster run for a length of time may get the ECU to activate a REGEN where it tries to clean/unblock your DPF filter in the exhaust. :)

The Ecu needs several things to be in order before allowing a regen 😉

IF it's being problematic.. It wants to be diagnosed via the OBD port

Looking for the oil degradation
DPF percentage 😉

And checking pressures if your kit will allow 🤔
It’s a cheap obd11 reader I have. Also I’ve just changed the oil and filter incase that was stopping it from doing a regen. I’d rather try fix it myself if I can to save some £££ only problem I have is the mot is due in November so maybe have to bite the bullet an pay to get it fixed.

It’s a cheap obd11 reader I have. Also I’ve just changed the oil and filter incase that was stopping it from doing a regen. I’d rather try fix it myself if I can to save some £££ only problem I have is the mot is due in November so maybe have to bite the bullet an pay to get it fixed.
I'm afraid CHANGING the oil does limited good

The ECU needs to be Told its clean oil..
It has an oil degradation counter 😉

Look on the forums MES REGISTER

I know know that my 13 multi jet 500 L 2013 has.a chain so how often should it be replaced ?
The 1248cc has an internal timing chain

Fiat don't schedule a replacement period..

Well looked after vehicles cover 200,000 ok

Some cars have it fail at 70/100k

It relies heavily on clean oil / regular servicing

Maybe research what Suzuki and Vauxhall say when that engine is in their cars 🤔

The 1248cc has an internal timing chain

Fiat don't schedule a replacement period..

Well looked after vehicles cover 200,000 ok

Some cars have it fail at 70/100k

It relies heavily on clean oil / regular servicing

Maybe research what Suzuki and Vauxhall say when that engine is in their cars 🤔
Thank you

Wasn’t aware of that. I’ll have a look. Thanks.

You are very welcome.. 🙂

Many people come on here with regen issues following £200 garage services, 🙄

The garages often don't have the kit to reset the Ecu either.. 😒

Access to MultiECUscan or similar is very helpful.. It can FORCE the car to perform a regen in a mode 👍

Did you find a member local to you?

You are very welcome.. 🙂

Many people come on here with regen issues following £200 garage services, 🙄

The garages often don't have the kit to reset the Ecu either.. 😒

Access to MultiECUscan or similar is very helpful.. It can FORCE the car to perform a regen in a mode 👍

Did you find a member local to you?
There’s a member from Edinburgh listed but I’m not sure how contact them.

Back