General DPF query

Currently reading:
General DPF query

Took the car in yesterday.
Call today saying a different engineer has looked at it, they've sorted the fault with the DPF and its ready to come back, just need to speak to an engineer and do the two step start. I pointed out that I'd done that, and 10 days later the car failed again.
I pointed out the last time the technician said they'd take it to a Dealership (and got a signed letter to confirm) so I've told them to do that.

Half expect that they won't and they'll tell me In a week its done... I'll await an official Fiat dealer report.. and if it doesnt come I'll have to look into the refund...

Haven't replied to the thread in a while so here's an update.

Booked the car in to be seen by a Fiat garage who looked at it and reported back they'd need to remove the dash to see.

Took the car to the Trade Centre again as the engine light was on and limping again (to the point where it would cut out up steep hills) and they checked but didn't fix it, and said they wanted to wait to see what the Fiat report said (as they didn't have it apparently) I sent it to them while I was there and a few days later they got back asking me to book it in with them for investigation.
It's now in for them to remove the dash and look at the computer and if they can't find it... they'll ask a third party to sort.

What a nightmare for you.
Good luck.
Please let us know the Fiat dealer gets on.

What a nightmare for you.
Good luck.
Please let us know the Fiat dealer gets on.
They said they suspected it was the computer that was causing something to flash up and without analysing it... they would need more time and to get into it.

Trade centre are now doing this.. however I'm going to guess they'll find nothing and then I'll be pushing to take it to the Fiat garage again.

After having the car for 2 weeks, they've inspected the computer and not found any issue. They've been road testing and have now come back and said the dpf is completely clogged and is going to a third party.

Without jumping to assumptions... it asks the question what were they doing when they were cleaning the dpf every other week?

After having the car for 2 weeks, they've inspected the computer and not found any issue. They've been road testing and have now come back and said the dpf is completely clogged and is going to a third party.

Without jumping to assumptions... it asks the question what were they doing when they were cleaning the dpf every other week?
The car went to the Fiat Garage on the 25th and I heard back yesterday that they've got it back.

They then need to MOT it (as they've had the car for the entire period I'd be allowed to do it myself).
They then want to do tests to see if it'd fixed before it comes back.

5weeks (inc new yr) and counting...

I've just had a call - it's ready to collect so I'll go on Thursday.

The guy on the call has said it's had the DPF removed and sent to a third party (Fiat Garage judging by the fact they called me themselves last week) as it was completely clogged and its been cleaned.
They've also done a PCM update (not sure if that's something that should be done often or not) and had an 80mile road test without any issues.

Let's hope that's it... and it's sorted

Just to update, had it back 2 weeks (still.with the triangle on) and now the engine light/start stop error has come back on.
Contacted them and said they had the car for 5 weeks and said it was fixed so I want it going to a professional or a refund and they just offer to take it back to them and they'll look at it so it's back tomorrow.

I wonder if they are dragging it out until you get fed up.......Or until they think they dont have to refund the purchase price to you.

I wonder if they are dragging it out until you get fed up.......Or until they think they dont have to refund the purchase price to you.
I've already worded the emails inferring I've taken advice and requested written info on how they're going to proceed if this isn't rectified and if it comes back.

I think the next step is to the ombudsman

Back