General Service query on a1.3 multijet

Currently reading:
General Service query on a1.3 multijet

White 500L

My cars in limp mode so can’t regen so if paid Fiat for a service and they reset the oil degradation counter, do you think I would be able to get the car to do a Dpf regen? Or would it still stay in limp mode? I’m getting code p2002 but think it’s all down to not being able to regen.

My cars in limp mode so can’t regen so if paid Fiat for a service and they reset the oil degradation counter, do you think I would be able to get the car to do a Dpf regen? Or would it still stay in limp mode? I’m getting code p2002 but think it’s all down to not being able to regen.
Others may advise better, but I suspect Dealer will suggest a new DPF etc.
I believe some Forum members have been able to use MES diagnostic tool to do what you are asking and then been able to activate a Regen, maybe you can search on MES section to see if a Member local to you is able to help.
There are other related threads on here if you search.

Depending on your moral view on emissions etc I’d probably go down the DPF delete route, there’s plenty of companies out there that do it now. For the price of fitting a new DPF you can have the internals removed leaving the canister in place so it still looks untouched, then they recode the ECU so it doesn’t attempt to regen a DPF that isn’t there. The main advantage is you can use them pottering around town like a petrol car without the risk of it clogging up the system. Although strictly illegal I know of plenty of people that have had it done and no problem come MOT time as diesel’s only have a smoke test not emission test. As i said it all depends on your moral stance, some agree, some don’t but from a mechanical point of view your car will thank you!

Others may advise better, but I suspect Dealer will suggest a new DPF etc.
I believe some Forum members have been able to use MES diagnostic tool to do what you are asking and then been able to activate a Regen, maybe you can search on MES section to see if a Member local to you is able to help.
There are other related threads on here if you search.
I had asked a member close by but didn’t get a reply. It’s more annoying because the engine management light is on all the time.

Back