General 2016 1.3 Deisel Dualogic Trekking - Engine issue.

Currently reading:
General 2016 1.3 Deisel Dualogic Trekking - Engine issue.

oswestrian

Driving at 30mph recently and just started to accelerate, heard what sounded like 'running over a cattle grid' sound together with a puff of white smoke from exhaust. No "fault" signals on dash and continued to drive slowly for another half mile. AA mechanic suspected 'timing chain' or 'diesel injectors', but both checked by my regular garage and no evidence of failure found. Left with 'scratching head'! Any advice welcomed. Thanks.

Yes, although I've always felt that the engine was a bit 'noisy'. The 'rattle' now seems more pronounced and at a level where the garage were not happy to leave it running.

could be a boost leak or a duff injector if its down a cylinder, the garage would be able to tell you that though

Thank you. Car still at garage and I'll be speaking with them tomorrow, so will ask if this is a possibility.

Problem identified as faulty head gasket. Water got into one of the cylinders and as unable to exhaust the water, the conrod bent! Other three cylinders fine and no damage. All now repaired, including cylinder head skim and injector testing and engine sounding much quieter than before incident.
Thanks to all who offered advise.

Back