Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Currently reading:
Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Used the middle 2 on the top to try them but the straight one was easier to perform got the same results on both heads

Attachments

• IMG_20240318_145407.jpg
    IMG_20240318_145407.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Put a little engine oil in the cylinder that's at 150 PSI

Not too much, a teaspoon

Does it increase

Disconnect the camshaft sensor

Clear all the codes

Leave the ignition off for 20 seconds

Switch the ignition on but don't try and crank the car car,

What codes are present if any just the numbers

Crank the car once for a few second only

Oops returned the compression kit but either way I'm gonna do her the valve seals when it comes back to life

As for codes we're still the same crankshaft position sensor and the 2 codes om the BCM other than that nothing at all

With the camshaft disconnected

What are the actual codes

At ignition on
And after the first crank of a few second

knowing the codes and when they appear is important

Alright so i went ahead and ran the diagnostic these are all the faults i could dig.
IMG_20240318_161706.jpg
IMG_20240318_161732.jpg
IMG_20240318_161756.jpg

IMG_20240318_161819.jpg

Then i went ahead and cleared them all closed ignition for about 3 seconds then opened ignition and cranked. Then after going once again through all the systems i got these 2
IMG_20240318_161951.jpg
IMG_20240318_162019.jpg

Then i tried clearing them and disconnecting the camshaft sensor as you suggested the laptop ran out of juice but after disconnecting the sensor and opening the ignition i got an excess. Water temperature warning for a second then the needle went back to null but the red dot stayed on for 2 more seconds then went out but didn't try to crank after it, but gonna go and continue when the laptops full again

And these are the ones with camshaft sensor disconnected and cranking twice but finally battery gave up as the dashboard resetted while cranking gonna charge it tomorrow and continue further

Attachments

• IMG_20240318_175056.jpg
    IMG_20240318_175056.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240318_175117.jpg
    IMG_20240318_175117.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240318_175141.jpg
    IMG_20240318_175141.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
Not a valid result with a flat battery

You will have to try again

But we are moving forward

diagnostic does not say if it present or intermittent

But D600 is hexadecimal for U1600 = key not recognised

If that's the case why would the car randomly start? And add to that the BCM gives in live data allowed on the permission to start to the ECU while we get no start and 0 rpm

So as i thought at first we need to deal with this code and the serial line with incorrect code fault

Well this one never goes away and was here ever since i got the car. If i clear the fault it goes away then after one crank it's back

We need to see when the codes appear

Just on ignition on

Or after the high amp draw of cranking

It's normal for the ECU and BCM to loose connection with a power or ground issue here's mine with a faulty earth strap

Immobilizer on when it should be off
Oil and battery off when they should be on

IMG_20230904_100716.jpg

We need

Clear all the codes

Leave the ignition off for 20 seconds

Switch the ignition on but don't try and crank the car car,

And not go off at a tangent

On all modules aswell only reappear after cranking and it's the only code too minicrypt fault won't show until i crank 2 to 3 times and sometimes more and the p0335 used to appear after exactly 3 tries now it won't appear at all until it decides to show up and not less than 5 failed to start attempts and the rest of the codes i sent are random they never show up until they decide there's no definite time of appearance

On all modules aswell only reappear after cranking and it's the only code too minicrypt fault won't show until i crank 2 to 3 times and sometimes more and the p0335 used to appear after exactly 3 tries now it won't appear at all until it decides to show up and not less than 5 failed to start attempts and the rest of the codes i sent are random they never show up until they decide there's no definite time of appearance
It a power or ground issue

At ignition on the key is read, via the antenna the information sent to the BCM then passed to the ECU, accepted, a reply is sent back to the BCM which via canbus connects back to the dash to switch the light of

All 4 network communication at this point is fine

And only fails when the starter is engaged

There's nothing wrong with the ECU or BCM

I can try a 100 amp one i have a very good one i can try but the issue of 9022 was there when i got the car the battery was bad and i replaced it immediately but the code persisted with a new one

C1003 and C1004

This is the codes for the 500 I don't have them for the Panda unfortunate

Generic codes online are not reliable, manufactures use sight variations, sometimes between models

Screenshot_20240318-162526.png

But again it points to a power or ground issue

Back