General Please be warned - Car advert

Currently reading:
General Please be warned - Car advert

TheWarner01

Hello all,

I can't post URLs, if this is allowed then can a moderator help please? There is a car advertised which is potentially stolen/recovered but not declared as such and does not show up on HPI check. I would like to leave a warning here to just be careful if you guys want to buy it.

The reg starts as YP66 *** on copart website

The reg says YP66 HZG on ebay advert.

The seller has not declared it stolen/recovered and very co-incidental if just a case of partial reg number match, colour match and similar mileage.

Just be warned and ask questions as to where this person got the car from. Pass on the info thank you.

Hello all,

I can't post URLs, if this is allowed then can a moderator help please? There is a car advertised which is potentially stolen/recovered but not declared as such and does not show up on HPI check. I would like to leave a warning here to just be careful if you guys want to buy it.

There is plenty of information about in a quick search but basically if the car is stolen and RECOVERED, then HPI do not record it. The keys could be taken the car is driven 50 yards down the road and the car is then found so where is the risk to a buyer in the future?

HPI will still record a stolen car that is not recovered. or a car that has been in an accident?

I could ask the question of why you're so invested in spreading this warning, but as you've not posted here before, i suspect you may not come back to reply ?

I am only posting as I came across it when browsing copart and ebay and seller did not tell the full story. Now you are informed and if you feel there is nothing wrong with it then that is fine. I have no personal interest in this.

I am only posting as I came across it when browsing copart and ebay and seller did not tell the full story. Now you are informed and if you feel there is nothing wrong with it then that is fine. I have no personal interest in this.
Legally speaking if a private seller they have no obligation to declare it unless asked
Honest people normally do

Every car my mother has ever driven has been Bouchard off half the street furniture in Norfolk, but there is no legal obligation to report this even if asked, she doesn’t tend to right them off, more a death by a million cuts.

There are plenty of cars stolen these days which have zero damage and are recovered and returned to the owner or insurance co.

I am not sure if it is a private seller or trader which is why I posted this in case he is not a private seller.

What is the police going to do?

If you have no problem with it then that is fine why are you getting so defensive over it? Like many here I like cars too so I thought I will help someone out. Lesson for myself next time don't bother telling anyone (n)

Just cant see what we are supposed to do about it!!!!!
Like I said if your that bothered tell the police let them sort it out
I sold a gold fiat X19 to a guy without an mot went out the next day to work saw a red X19 with same reg as the one I sold, reported it to the police and it was the same car it had been done up with respray and MOT all within 24 hrs, things aren't they seem!!!
Luigi

Just cant see what we are supposed to do about it!!!!!
Like I said if your that bothered tell the police let them sort it out
I sold a gold fiat X19 to a guy without an mot went out the next day to work saw a red X19 with same reg as the one I sold, reported it to the police and it was the same car it had been done up with respray and MOT all within 24 hrs, things aren't they seem!!!
Luigi

What has the police got to do with this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-ABARTH-595-COMPETIZIONE/283843451760?hash=item4216635b70:g:gtEAAOSwHwRekNB~

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/57532149/

thanks for 5 replies. Here are the links you can decide for yourselves. The matching details are too co-incidental.

Could be the same car or really could just be a coincidence? It seems there is no proof the cars are 100% the same car. The thing is you’re going round the net slating a car that you know nothing about have no personal interest in and potentially affecting someone’s income, at a time when people need all the help they can get.

As stated there is no requirement for them to say if it is stolen recovered, even if it is, there is no reason to believe this would be detrimental to the car or any future owner.

Looks like a pretty nice car and bellow average mileage.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I think we can safely say it is the same car. It’s expensive for a stolen recovered car. I’ve just bought an Abarth stolen recovered which is a cat S and yesterday bought a stolen recovered Sport Cat N.

This one is a Cat X, it’s not a write off.

A private seller does not legally have to say it’s history but I wouldn’t hide it from anyone. It’s probably on HPI as stolen recovered anyway though.

Back