General Your Best Average MPG On a Run 0.9 Twinair Turbo

Currently reading:
General Your Best Average MPG On a Run 0.9 Twinair Turbo

I’m on my 3rd tank of Tesco’s momentum, E5 99 RON at the moment, it’s about 9p a litre more than I’m paying for Shell’s fuel save unleaded (but still a bit cheaper than diesel) I can’t stretch to Vpower as it’s about £1.85 a litre down my way - disappointingly I can’t discern any noticeable difference having gone back to E5.

Still hoping to get into the 40’s and falling short avg 35.4 with AC mostly off, SS and ECO off. Stop/start catches me out too many times to be switched on.

Car runs well enough, I think it could benefit from a service with known correct parts (namely plugs), and a new set of boots as the old ones are coming up 9 now with no sign of wearing out

I don’t use anything other than Vpower. The best MPG I’ve achieved to date has been an indicated 56 on 150 mile motorway run last month. That was with ECO off, but AC on. With ECO on I reckon I might have nudged 60. Car has 9000 miles on it.

I’ve posted before that that Vpower does deliver a meaningful enough boost to MPG to justify the price difference; more importantly the car just runs so much more happily on it. With a few more miles on the car since the last time I commented, I now find ECO mode — which was previously unusable — is tolerable on it.
yes i run on e5 and agree power does gie better mpg. i was using eco (the Audi button) for hills off and for traffic and slow sections on. the last run i did to Manchester and back was 52mpg up and 51.9 on the way back and that was largely eco off and with a couple of fairly rapid bursts to get shot of said tailgating Audi's. I think I have the measure of this thing now but feel that there is not mucch more to get now 60mpg has been achieved. The 1.2 pottering around doing short shopping runs with no effort at all gives 46mpg and easily hits 60+ on a long run. i loe them both.

I get 37 to 38 out of my 100k mile TA 4x4. Eco off and lead boot engaged. Not complaining about that - way better than the 16-20 I used to get from a 3.7 Cherokee. Incidentally, my 141a 4x4 rarely broke 30mpg!

Still hoping to get into the 40’s and falling short avg 35.4
My 2017 car was like this, the 2019 I now have easily does 50mpg on a run and worst case after 13000 miles seems to be about 43 on summer tyres and 40 in the winter tyres.. What tyres are you on? Mine is on fast wearing Continental Eco6. Winter tyres make quite a difference - about 10% more fuel used with my Michelin Alpins on. I have noticed changing to 5th sometimes makes a big difference to the instant mpg when I would not expect it. Air con seems to have little or no discenable affect on mine. I just did a round trip to Manchester on a tankful from mid Norfolk. it was about 395 miles and there were 2 litres left when I filled up again. Range suggests 408 although 380 seems more normal. Coming down the A1 at a steady 65 today in a mild cross wind, it was showing 58 - 100+mpg on the instant consumption read out but I got a bit carried away using the Audi (eco off) button nearer home and ruined its best efforts. I think they have run different fuel maps in different cars as some are clearly better than others.

My 2017 car was like this, the 2019 I now have easily does 50mpg on a run and worst case after 13000 miles seems to be about 43 on summer tyres and 40 in the winter tyres.. What tyres are you on? Mine is on fast wearing Continental Eco6. Winter tyres make quite a difference - about 10% more fuel used with my Michelin Alpins on. I have noticed changing to 5th sometimes makes a big difference to the instant mpg when I would not expect it. Air con seems to have little or no discenable affect on mine. I just did a round trip to Manchester on a tankful from mid Norfolk. it was about 395 miles and there were 2 litres left when I filled up again. Range suggests 408 although 380 seems more normal. Coming down the A1 at a steady 65 today in a mild cross wind, it was showing 58 - 100+mpg on the instant consumption read out but I got a bit carried away using the Audi (eco off) button nearer home and ruined its best efforts. I think they have run different fuel maps in different cars as some are clearly better than others.
Mines still on its original continentals with about 5mm left (2013 car with 17.5k miles) I want them changed as they’re now 9 and one of them has a nasty gouge - either going for the Michelin Cross climate 2 next which have much better ratings all round, or considering going for summer tyres as I don’t need to go off road ever.

AC off has made a difference, about 10% although it’s getting a bit warm to have it off all the time, I’m also trying the car on Tesco momentum 99 (e5) to see if I can gain any more - so far it seems about 5-10%

ECO is never on as I can achieve high 40’s at the lowest around town and my commute is a 10mi each way motorway journey so ECO is not wise.

It’s certainly gotten better in the 7k miles I’ve owned it, it’ll be getting a service with OEM plugs and others as whilst it’s had 3 services in 10k miles, none of which have been dealer services.

My 20K mile 2019 TA 4x4 does an indicated circa 6 mpg better with the ECO switched off. Since fuel prices have rocketed I have been trying various settings to see how it alters. As it defaults to ECO I have to remember to switch it off.

Thats weird.. ECO on my early 2wd cars definitely increases mpg on the display

One has cruise.. so its not me changing my driving style :)

Our 2013 panda is showing 60.1 over the last 350 miles ( all warm)

And 56.2 over the last 1100...some frost mornings

It displayed 68 on one summers evening trip.. its definitely better than the Punto for 'displayed mpg'.. however the panda feels gutless / tight

Back