C_KH_CWk_KGrHqR_l4Ez_39Tr4OBNB7H4BpoQ_12.jpg

Cinquecento Yoda the green sx.

Introduction

hi, im paul. and this is my cinquecento sx that i call yoda. i got a fair few plans for him. cost me £190 with no T&T but it will pass easy enough. just had new brakes all round and new shocks. let me know what you think. p.s this site rocks :slayer:

C_KHvI_Bmk_KGrHqF_k8Ez_t1BmuzBNB7HykTS_12.jpg

C_KH_CWk_KGrHqR_l4Ez_39Tr4OBNB7H4BpoQ_12.jpg

C_KH_D_BGk_KGrHqR_jIE0GvHyyFwBNB7H3GqwQ_12.jpg
Re: Yoda the green sx

got the new cinq SX today, when i looked at it it was tappety, so the guy promised to look at it. apparently it was low on oil but it hadn't been driven like it. so he topped it up, i assumed that why he topped it up he would check the water, he didn't and the expansion tank was almost empty. luckily it only drove about a mile so did not evan warm up before i noticed, i filled it up and ran it for a while and it is not losing water and runs sweet as a nut (not tappety anymore either). no gunk in oil so that good. only thing is the fan did not kick in, does anyone know what temp they kick in at? as i did'nt want to leave it to get to hot so turned it off.

all in all im chuffed:slayer: the car is alot better than i thought. and if the engine turns out to be ok it will be a right result, drives like new, everything works (except for slightly sticky window). so now its thrown a spanner in the works, dont know if i should just sort this one out and use yoda for spares, hmmmmm. if it werent for the colour i would keep the new one for sure. but i like that green

think i spoke to soon on engine, went out today to have a good look and run it up properly, everything seemed fine at first except for a bit of a missfire for few seconds, but once it had run up i turned it off to check everything out (temp at 90). found gunk in oil cap, waterpipes were a bit hard in my oppinion so think its pressuring up. looks like classic hgf:bang::cry:, going to flush it all through (oil and water) and take it for a run, if it still pressures up i will have to put yoda's engine in it, not to worried though as that will leave yoda's engine bay ready for a small upgrade :slayer: also found a small hole in the boot (size of 2p) but thats nothing lol;).

hectic couple of days. YODA WILL NOT BE STRIPPED:slayer: the grey one has major HGF:yuck:, but i have managed to do a bit of "creative bodging" and it now drives ok (drove it over 150 miles today):eek:. so will be bumming that round til it blows up or the mot runs out, Then yoda will take its place, in the mean time i have done a few bits round them both. took the clear front indicators off the grey one and swapped them for the nasty orange ones on yoda, taken the center console out of the grey one to fit in yoda. also swapped the clocks so that yoda has the later style clocks (once i fit the speedo cable). also put all 4 Nearly new tyres off the grey one on yoda. the grey one should be ok to use til the mot runs out but after that its just gonna be stripped for parts. :devil:

time for an update:cool:, been a busy few days tinkering around with yoda. i finally decided i would just use the grey one for parts so been doing loads of odd jobs to get yoda ready for MOT:slayer:. fitted a better battery off a 1.2 corsa. tight squeeze but a perfect fit. fitted the battery clamp off the grey one as yoda didnt have one. fitted the centre console (looks so much better)(y). matched the mileage on the new clocks ready to go in. exhaust had an anoying rattle and knock so got under it and adjusted it to stop the noises (checked for rot why i was under there. none found:slayer:) fitted my sony cd player and 6x9's (sounding good). fitted new struts on bootlid as i got p'd off with it hitting me in the back of the bonce:cry:. but i got a puncture on the front so will change the wheel tomorrow. no pics at min as ran out of light but once i have given it a clean i will get more pics up. all in all its going well, i should be driving him around soon enough:slayer: long as it passes the mot, cant see why it wouldnt. only thing wrong with it at the mo is a bit of an oil leak so if i dont get a chance to stop it ill clean it off before i take it in:slayer:

i got me a PS2, with all the wiring, and a small screen for my car today:slayer:. that should keep the wife and baby quiet on a long trip;). or at least give me something to do why they go shopping:D. its getting fitted in soon, going to do it so that it can be simply unplugged and taken out of a night. so it dont get "BORROWED" by a pleb(y)

got a few pics today, car is still dirty but loads done and looking good
IMAG0628.JPG

IMAG0629.JPG
IMAG0631.JPG

Centre console, sterio and later dash clocks fitted, thanks for the cable purf
IMAG0632.JPG
IMAG0634.JPG
IMAG0622.JPG

sony 6x9's fitted into shelf
IMAG0620.JPG

Newer style rear lights fitted as could not stand the orange ones
IMAG0619.JPG

And seat for my little dude fitted safely into place
IMAG0623.JPG

have done loads of little jobs as well, changed 2 tyres. swapped the door pins out of the grey one into yoda so his interior light is working properly. loads done but it dont really show as everything ive done so far is to get everything working, or up-date little bits and bobs to later shape. but now EVERYTHING works perfectly on the car and it looks alot better with the later bits fitted.

heres a few of the car im using for parts, or maybe turning into pickup if i decide to go that way
IMAG0627.JPG
IMAG0624.JPG
IMAG0626.JPG
IMAG0625.JPG

get that front bumper off the silver one to start the sporting look. and nab that gearknob off the silver one looks better than the rounder looking one in yoda i think

anything but steelies... antracite sporiting alloys would looks good tbh.. but im wondering how pure white would look.. maybe you should get someone to photoshop it lower and with antracite sportings on it. see what you think.

seicento abarth alloys would look good, but you need to change the wheels to studs and nuts, rather than bolts. also would need 10mm spacers on the front.

incidentally, i have a set of abarth alloys for sale ;)

but not the studs / nuts or spacers, as im using them :3

green sporting would look ace though :D

Back