General Yo Folks - Highest Mileage on a full tank?

Currently reading:
General Yo Folks - Highest Mileage on a full tank?

Diss_50 said:
Wow that is very good milage to th £ :D
I'll be honest I've taken to driving as economical as possible lately, plus thankfully we moved offices at work and now its a 20 minute round trip passing through literally 2 sets of lights each way so theres very little petrol consumption a day, last refill was 24/11 and i'm now on 531 miles with say 1/2 a gallon left in the car. Will be looking at around 53MPG when I fill it tomorrow, not bad when 1.2 MK2's are only rated 42MPG average ;)

All in all though it's not always you can get far past 500, first time I tried it all the crap from the petrol tank flooded the system which caused headaches, really there should be +/- 25 - 50 miles on everyones miles just to cover for how much you leave.

He he he! I've just filled up with unleaded at 78.9p/litre! I had a 5p off every litre at Sainsbrees after spending over £100 on groceries* for christmas!

The warning light comes on with the best part of 10 litres still in tank which is a real pain, but 45 litres usually gives me around 420 miles.

My old MkI twin cam 16v would do over 450 before thinking about a refill.

I'm getting a diesel soon, probably one of the Citroëns or Peugeots that do well over 60mpg.

* for groceries, read alcohol.

iv had as little as 165 from a full tank:eek:

and the most is about 280

but i have got a hgt and tend too leather it on the way home :D

so you get like 250 from a 47litre tank??

thats freaking appauling, esp when the hgt isn't exactly a hardcore tuned NA???

hell 2.0 twin cam turbos that can make ridiculous jokes of other cars on the road still return upto 42mpg!!!
34 on average!!!!
23 on a freaking track day :eek: :D

bin your hgt and buy a bloody saab. you know it makes sense

I get about 65-70 miles out of a tenner at morrisons 88.8p a litre in my mk1 16v sporting,but ive a bit of a lead foot and im rolling on 17's too

ive NEVER filled her up!,lol

i put a tenner in and 70miles later another tenner!

(",)

Back