General Yippee I've finally ordered my new car!

Currently reading:
General Yippee I've finally ordered my new car!

I have the same feeling when i am driving my citreon C3 I have never ever got excited over this car at all, in fact I hate it. I must have had post natal or something because i only bought it because it has a child safety lock thing which I control from my dash and gracie is our first child and I think you do things like this - well I did!!!!!!!
Its easy because its 4 doors, however I have had it now for 4 years and the engine management light is always coming on, it feels rickety etc.... I never get the feeling of going for a drive even a to b. When i decided to get a smaller, cheaper to insure, cheap tax car, we test drove a few and as soon as I got into the fiat I really felt like I was in my first mini which I adored! When our princess got so excited in the fiat I knew it was for me! When we got in the ford ka, the yaris and so on she just kept saying the white one is nicer mummy! After pestering everyone on here I decided to get the 1.2 lounge in cha cha cha! I just cannot see me eating or drinking in this car, another thing that got on my nerves, is that I paid about 299.00 for scotch guarding my car, and within a few weeks it was a mess, i complained like a true Boltonian! and they said that there was nothing they could do, so i have got scotch guard thrown in for free on my new fiat and I am a bit nervous about eating/drinking because the cloth is so light! Plus I wear St.Tropez tan (sometimes) I'm not completley vain or anything and so will have to get something on the seats to protect it, like a bin bag or something!!!!!!! Do you have anything on the back of the seats to protect against kicking feet?
Just think this time next week i will be reading my hand book!!!!!!!!! x

Heidi,
What is a boot liner? and is the ipod holder a good buy? AND do you just put your music onto the ipod and plug it in? You have probably gathered I am use less at all this tech stuff!!!!!
Or do I just get the USB stick???
x

What is a boot liner?

See below (courtesy of chris@souls)

500mat2.jpg

Heidi,
What is a boot liner? and is the ipod holder a good buy? AND do you just put your music onto the ipod and plug it in? You have probably gathered I am use less at all this tech stuff!!!!!
Or do I just get the USB stick???
x
The bootliner is great for keeping dirty pushchair wheels off the fabric in the boot! Ipod holder is a bit overrated - mine is now in the house as it was annoying where it fits. I use a USB stick in the car now.

I only let my 3 year old eat those fruit pouches in the car ... in the cmax he was allowed to eat biscuits but NOT in my 500! Also he's not allowed to take 'hard' toys in the back lol, only teddies and books lol :)

3 door car is great for getting son in and out of the back - so much easier than a 5 door as you can lean in to put the belt on (he's in a booster seat now) and can actually see the clip without having to lean right over him. I thought it would be hard going from 5 to 3 door but it's actually much easier.

Get some of those leather wipes from poundland for the seats (if you are getting leather) and for the steering wheel.

I have the same feeling when i am driving my citreon C3 I have never ever got excited over this car at all, in fact I hate it. I must have had post natal or something because i only bought it because it has a child safety lock thing which I control from my dash and gracie is our first child and I think you do things like this - well I did!!!!!!!

don't get me started on this ... I made lots of unsuitable purchases just after I'd had my little one. After all I bought a Cmax for goodness sake! ha ha ha. Talk about baby brain!

EDIT : I've tried to do multiple quotes from messages but not managed it yet hence the three messages in a row!

Well if you can get the free 7 days and its not NU, then that may be different! Im not going to go into massive detail, but my car was hit by an old fart on the garage forecourt 30 mins after I had picked it up. It was only slight damage to the rear bumper, but it had been moved out of position and deformed, so obviously I wanted a new bumper, and he did accept the blame.

Whilst trying to get it sorted via the indian call centre, they have closed the file 3 times, i have had 4 different claims handlers, they have lied a number of times about when they have tried to phone me when I know they havent, I have sent them numerous emails with read receipts only for them to be ignored, and I have had to give them the details of the other bloke 4 times. I made an official complaint to NU and even my contact in this country has found it difficult to get any decent response from the call centre staff. The last time the manager of the whole centre in india called me and said that all that needed to happen now was for me to call the person arranging the repair so they could give the garage the go ahead. When I did ring they told me that my claims number was wrong and that I would have to start the whole process again and have a new claims handler. And this was after 2 months of trying to get a new bumper fitted. Finally it is sorted and the garage is waiting for the new bumper, which they are going to paint up off the car so all I have to do is leave it with them to be swapped. All being well they get the colour right and stick the chrome trim on in the right place. but thats not NUs fault!

Thats why I would rather wait a few days to get a cover note sorted by my own insurance company!

PS... wish I hadnt seen the pic of the boot liner... now I want one. As well as the chrome kick strips. I think the 500 has some sort of subliminal B&M message telling you to buy accessories!

Last edited:
The bootliner is great for keeping dirty pushchair wheels off the fabric in the boot! Ipod holder is a bit overrated - mine is now in the house as it was annoying where it fits. I use a USB stick in the car now.

I only let my 3 year old eat those fruit pouches in the car ... in the cmax he was allowed to eat biscuits but NOT in my 500! Also he's not allowed to take 'hard' toys in the back lol, only teddies and books lol :)

Right the new rule is set - I have told Gracie - no eating or drinking in the new car! No hard toys only teddy and books are allowed!!!!!!! Bless her she is only 2 and a half!!!!!!

Where do you get the boot liner from? and are they expensive?
My th'husband has bought me a usb stick and he has been putting albums on it ready!

I am not getting leather because I thought of the expense... however, I will be keeping it clean and I will be buying lots of cleaning products to keep it tip top condition. I am not going to buy any of the dealers stuff- although I got them to chuck in scotch guard for free, I will be having a look on here - I think Mark Elvin has some good tips so I'll pester him!!!!!! I am sure someone has some good ideas on what to buy to keep the car in excellent condition without paying the earth for it.
No dirty people will be getting into my car either!

Not long to go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,
Yes it will be soon here - (still not sure on what to name her) My appointment is at 4.00pm on the 1st March!
I am a bit nervous to be honest.
I will be on here next week - after I have finished driving her, crying because I can't use all the gadgets!!!!!!

This time next week I will be getting ready to pick my lil baby up.

It might be better getting there a bit earlier as Gary told me that they might be putting a bit of a buffet and drinks on for the new customers.

Right the new rule is set - I have told Gracie - no eating or drinking in the new car! No hard toys only teddy and books are allowed!!!!!!! Bless her she is only 2 and a half!!!!!!

Where do you get the boot liner from? and are they expensive?
My th'husband has bought me a usb stick and he has been putting albums on it ready!

I am not getting leather because I thought of the expense... however, I will be keeping it clean and I will be buying lots of cleaning products to keep it tip top condition. I am not going to buy any of the dealers stuff- although I got them to chuck in scotch guard for free, I will be having a look on here - I think Mark Elvin has some good tips so I'll pester him!!!!!! I am sure someone has some good ideas on what to buy to keep the car in excellent condition without paying the earth for it.
No dirty people will be getting into my car either!

Not long to go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha poor child (although James had to go through the same and he was only 2.5 years old when I got my 500 too and now asks me when i pick him up from nursery "is fruit in car?" so didn't take him long to learn ..... i'm forever wiping the seat where his feet kick it and i think he's fed up of me saying "don't put that there as it'll hurt mummy's car!!!)

Boot liner I think was about £15 but the best thing to do is contact Chris @ Souls on here .... he's great at getting the 500 accessories and he sent me a touch up stick for funk white and very fast delivery :)

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! I have just had an email bear in mind it is completely not the dealerships fault - BUT MY CAR IS NOT GOING TO BE THERE ON THE 1ST MARCH -It is totally out of the dealers hands and are very very apologetic in the email, they still think I am on holiday which is my fault! They said that Fiat have said that it wont be here till at least 4th March but I bet its not going to be for ages like another week!

What shall I do???? Come on Fiat friends make me feel better!!! x

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! I have just had an email bear in mind it is completely not the dealerships fault - BUT MY CAR IS NOT GOING TO BE THERE ON THE 1ST MARCH -It is totally out of the dealers hands and are very very apologetic in the email, they still think I am on holiday which is my fault! They said that Fiat have said that it wont be here till at least 4th March but I bet its not going to be for ages like another week!

What shall I do???? Come on Fiat friends make me feel better!!! x

:idea: Ok! here's what to do, you need to fly around the world at a speed in excess of 186000kmh (clockwise I think) until you see your car magically appear in the showroom. .. Sorry, Princess, I know you must feel really disheartened but it will soon pass and when you do get it you will able to forget this little upset. Keep posting and in our own sad way we will do our best to keep your spirits up. :)

Last edited:
Aw that's bad but perhaps just the post arrival checks took a little big longer than they thought ... it should be at the docks in UK by now if it is going to get here for 4th March. Speak to the dealer tomorrow to see if you can find out the reason why it's delayed? I would. (Don't forget to amend your insurance change-over. )

Bet you are gutted ..... but only 3 further days to wait, just think how great it'll be when you get it.

Chin up (although I'd be really annoyed too).

H.

Thanks..... I am OK to be honest and at the end of the day it is only a few more days, and I will sort out my insurance etc....
I think my dealer is really nice and he couldn't have said sorry enough. I think its something to do with the transport at the other end.
I just feel that the excitement has flopped a bit!!!!!! x

Back