General Yippee I've finally ordered my new car!

Currently reading:
General Yippee I've finally ordered my new car!

Also, don't forget that the CD player plays MP3s so although only 700MB or so (depending on formatting) you can get several CDs worth of music onto one MP3 CD. (y)
hmmm, I think I will just get the car and have a bonding session with her (WHICH IS ONLY 16 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!) I dont think i told anyone that I am getting a new car did i??!!!!!:p

yes i will bond with my little car first then I will mess about with Blue and me and get my stick thing and put some of my favourite music on. I will have NCDS - which is 'new car driver syndrome' and my instruction book will be always by my side!
I will suss it all out, I am completley mad on my c.d collection and it will nice to be able to travel light - sounds fabulous this B&M I cant wait!!!:D

Last edited:
Well some people have had problems with the B&M understanding what they say... but its always understood everything Ive said so it must be biased towards a northern accent... so being from Lancashire Im sure youll be fine! (there'll be a southern backlash now, wait for it...) :devil:

Well some people have had problems with the B&M understanding what they say... but its always understood everything Ive said so it must be biased towards a northern accent... so being from Lancashire Im sure youll be fine! (there'll be a southern backlash now, wait for it...) :devil:
he he!!!!
yes I'll wait for that one!

I have read so much about this B&M that I am trying to be positive about it, I will not let a computer win me - I will not let a computer win me! will be my saying!
I am getting the car from a fab showroom and the lady that I dealt with has had her 500 for ages and knows all about B&M so I am having a little lesson - being a northern girl we can be a bit pushy and that 'no' doesnt hurt anyone so when i asked about a lesson she jumped at the chance and said she loves my eagerness!!!!!! and I am not leaving that showroom until i get my lesson!!

Not long now, I am going to bed now - I am so tired (hard day/week at work) It will only be 15 days tomorrow!
I go away on Tuesday for 4 days in the half term as I am at college too, and I know I will have post holiday blues when I get back but then i will have a new car to look forward to!!!!!!
Night all!
x

Since I had the new mic fitted I don't need to shout instructions any more, just speak normally. It doesn't seem the same though as when I used to shout I felt like I was in charge and now it is as if we are equals. :(

Mine started to understand me after they fiddled round with it and reset it. But yesterday she wouldn't understand the word STOP. Think as Notts said that i'm too posh for the lady, she doesn't like the competition of my accent with hers!

Instead of "stop" try "PACK IT IN!!"

and grimmy, how can you be equals? B&M is a woman! you're bound to be the underdog :ROFLMAO:

ONLY 14 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really am trying to be positive about B&M!

I go away on Tuesday I hope the time goes quickly for me - I have had a massive clear out of my c.d ready to put on the stick!
I have thrown all the rubbish out of my old car, and I have vowed never ever to have any rubbish in my new car. I couldn't believe how much dirt, fluff, pen tops, sticky bubbly, and even tobacco and I dont smoke was in the car.
I thought I could actually love my car again after it was cleaned buffed and polished, but I thought about it and I will not be sad at all to hand it over.

So I will mail when I get back, just to tell you all how excited I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (again)

I have 14 days to go too!!!! :D Been waiting since December for my new little baby! Although it did mean i got lot's of accessories for xmas! I hope it will be worth the wait although the Blue and Me sounds a little daunting to try and set up! :confused:

Hi I am back! Had lovely weather in France - I wish we had their winters. I didn't want to come back - oh no - yes i did because I get my new fiat 500 next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I am really excited!

Hope you're all OK
x

Welcome back! Soon be 500 Day!!!

Hi there,
Yes it will be soon here - (still not sure on what to name her) My appointment is at 4.00pm on the 1st March!
I am a bit nervous to be honest.
I will be on here next week - after I have finished driving her, crying because I can't use all the gadgets!!!!!!

This time next week I will be getting ready to pick my lil baby up.

I hope you are sorting out your own insurance for it for when you pick it up... after my experience with the norwich union free 7 days, I wouldnt recommend it to anyone! Dont be nervous, its a lot of money you've spent so talk yourself into feeling that its a pleasurable experience!

So do I just change my current insurance and get them to fax something over to the dealer then - like the cover note for tax???
I have to say though that a couple of people have said this to me - especially you!
what happened to you that was so bad? I will sort something out this week I think, and get something sorted out.
I went for a drive today in my old car and I'm not nervous now, I cant wait to get rid of it!
My husband says yes its a lot of money and I am getting it on finance but its not as much a month as the current one I am driving so all round its better!!!
x
Still being positive about B&M!

I totally agree with you on this, one of the things that I noticed was the fact that you cant hide things! I have a 2 and a half year old..... she came with me (plus the car seat) when i was test driving all the small cars - poor little thing was bored to tears! Until we drove the fiat - she loves it!
Didn't like it that she couldnt open any of the windows and hang out of them! Hence the reason why we wanted a 3 door car!
My old car is now clean and free of everything like tissues, odd socks?! bits of sweets etc... the new rule in the new car is no eating or drinking!
I cant wait now - my friends still think I am crackers for getting it though, they think its the ugliest thing that they have ever seen - they are jealous though!!!!!!!! x

On the same note, my 3 year old daughter loves the 500 and goes 'eeee' in corners ;) I have tried to ban the food in the car but it is impossible on longer journeys so I'm now just careful what I give her (no greasy crisps, and definitely NO chocolate!!:eek:) It works...

On the other note, you'll love the car I'm possitive! I never cared much before about the act of driving, just getting from A to B, even in 3L Subaru - now I can't wait to go anywhere even to Tesco's!:eek: Infectious that car is...

Re the insurance:
My insurance company said they couldn't get a cover note to my dealership in time, even though they said they would fax one, however I think it was due to the dealership needing to tax my car and needing an original copy to get that done that I ended up taking the free 7 day cover.
Both cover letters from my insurance and Red Star (my 7 day cover wasn't NU) turned up the day before I collected my car and my full policy the day after, so a quick turn around!

I never had a problem :)

Back