General Yippee I've finally ordered my new car!

Currently reading:
General Yippee I've finally ordered my new car!

Thanks to everyone who has helped on here I have now ordered my first fiat 500 in 1.2 Lounge, cha cha cha azure, with ivory and ivory gear knob. Did not have a good time last week with the dealer in Bolton, however went to Bury and did a good deal. Got a couple of things thrown in for free which is nice! My faith is restored in dealers again!
My new car is being delivered at the end of Feb and I pick up on 1st March and I get to pick my reg.
Didnt bother with the air freshener and I am now going to try and pick a new mobile phone.

Will defo post some pictures on here of my new baby.

Thanks to everyone for helping me choose my fiat x
Elaine:D(y)

Congrats on your order. What freebies did you get thrown in? I couldn't even get mats thrown in from my dealer. Overall though I'm still happy with their service (except for them not knowing about the touch-up stick).

Well after what I told them about the hassle I had last week with another dealer I think they were really happy that I had gone to them. They were the ones that actually rang me ages ago when I started looking and they never pestered me once.
They gave me a REALLY good price for my citreon c3. they gave me '500' car mats with ivory trim, the ivory leather gear knob, full tank of petrol, taxed, and fully scotch guarded through out! Also they said to wait if I could and get it on 09 plate - I just thought they were really really nice but genuine!
My husband thought I had done really well, and he came with me and he thought they were good to me too.
What do you think?
Elaine x

Fantastic!

Glad that you have ordered and got the right spec that you want:) Cha Cha Cha with Ivory sounds fab and I am sure it will be when it arrives:)

1st of March 09 too, cool!

Remember the piccies:)

Si

Oh I will, honestly I have had my eye on this car for ages, I love them, reminds me of my first car I had a mini but I had so much fun in it! Wouldnt buy a mini now I couldnt afford it, plus they aren't like the old ones!
I nearly didnt get a 500 because of last week and a Bolton dealer but these today were so fab - even my husband was impressed!
As soon as I can I will be posting some pictures on.
I am going to look for a new phone as soon as I know which one to buy with the blue and Me.
Do I need to mention tomorrow about anything that I should get for free like passenger storage or something - I do not want to find out I could of got things then miss out? Probably talking rubbish?!
Elaine

The storage under the passenger seat is standard on Lounge and Sport trims unless you have ordered any of the Leather seat options.

I am glad that your dealer experiance had been a pleasent one. There are some great dealers out there.

When I collected mine I got a Chequer Key Cover, Ivory Edged Mats and a key ring free.

Your car will be stunning i'm sure:)

Si

Well after what I told them about the hassle I had last week with another dealer I think they were really happy that I had gone to them. They were the ones that actually rang me ages ago when I started looking and they never pestered me once.
They gave me a REALLY good price for my citreon c3. they gave me '500' car mats with ivory trim, the ivory leather gear knob, full tank of petrol, taxed, and fully scotch guarded through out! Also they said to wait if I could and get it on 09 plate - I just thought they were really really nice but genuine!
My husband thought I had done really well, and he came with me and he thought they were good to me too.
What do you think?
Elaine x
That's excellent, service from your dealer!(y)

Hi Elaine, Great choice of colour, that was the one I was in two minds about, i'm jealous now lol.
Enjoy the time between now and your collection date, i'm sure you'll love the anticipation as much as we did, then the finale of getting it, the icing on the cake!
Make sure you do enough research before you get an new phone, so you're not disappointed when you go to connect, check the Blue and Me Section on here well before you do.
And welcome x

Hi PrincessGracie (same name we call our 18 month daughter - well up until she started to bite (teething) that is!!) - congratulations on your order - we get our 500s on the same day (ish) Dealership said mine will arrive around the 20th Feb, but recommends holding off collection till the 2nd March for the 09 plate - don't know if I can contain myself. I come on here everyday and 'lurk' around (am very shy and retiring, so don't post much) looking at all the other owners 500's, reading the threads, learning what I can without bothering people too much, and generally just end up getting all excited. I feel like I'm 10 years old and it's 2 nights to xmas and I can tell the present under the tree is a Raleigh Chopper!!

Out of curiosity - can't new cars be given out at weekends? Is it something to do with taxing +/- registration? Also, do most dealerships let you pick from a list of Reg plates or just the nice ones?

Hi PrincessGracie (same name we call our 18 month daughter - well up until she started to bite (teething) that is!!) -

Out of curiosity - can't new cars be given out at weekends? Is it something to do with taxing +/- registration? Also, do most dealerships let you pick from a list of Reg plates or just the nice ones?

Hi there,
Well I am new on here too! Princess Gracie is my little girls name too! I have ordered my car this weekend just gone.. They rang me today to say everything is ordered. I get to pick the reg as soon as she gets them in 2 weeks time and on the 28th Feb they are going to sort out insurance out, once I have picked reg, then on the Friday they will tax it so I actually get a week and one year tax.... I pick up on the Sunday 1st March for 09 plate. I would wait till then its only a couple of weeks before you get yours (saying that I am so excited!!!!!!!!)

I have to say that I have bought from Bury and they were really really nice and they have let me pick out my own reg so I guess they are just the nice ones!!!!

Speak soon
Elaine

then on the Friday they will tax it so I actually get a week and one year tax.... IElaine

Elaine, if they tax it on the Friday (27/02/09) the tax will probably start from the beginning of the month i.e. February so will get 11 months of useable tax. I did the same with mine but picked it up on the last day of the month so only got 11 months but as tax is only £35 PA it was no great loss.

Maybe because you are picking up on the 1st March they can forward date the tax to run from then so you might be lucky in that respect.

:doh: Edit: Just realised yours will be an 09 reg so obviously you can disregard all of the above. Ha! Ha! (It's early, that's my excuse for not reading properly)

Last edited:
ikkle tip... DONT take out the 7 day free Norwich Union insurance if you can help it, especially if you have to claim off it like i did! Absolute nightmare. 2months later on the 12 feb, still not sorted even though Ive spoken to half the population of India (feels like) :eek:

Hi I'm new here too. Just thought I'd introduce myself and say congratulations on ordering your new car, I'm sure you'll love it.

I picked up my car last week, having waited since the end of November. Well the best things are worth waiting for, and so far I've been really pleased with my purchase. Each time I drive the car I find something else that I like about it - small little things like if you have the wipers going it automatically puts the rear ones on when you put the car into reverse gear!! :)

BTW I'd agree with the comment about the one week's free insurance, after spending 30 minutes on the phone trying to sort it out 'cos they didn't have a 1.2 lounge on their system I gave up as being too much hassle. Otherwise all went smoothly!

Ali (Pepe's momma)

Ali (and Pepe), Welcome, it's nice to have you aboard. When you find the time we would like to see any photos you have taken of Pepe. You are also very fortunate to be in a Mark Elvin neighbourhood watch area. Ha! Ha!

Last edited:

Hi there,
My dealer rang me last night to say that the DVLA have released the car reg's so I picked mine last night, I mentioned about picking up on sunday 1st march and she said that she taxes it from end of Feb or something? So I do pick up on 1st of march - she offered to insure it or something but I am going to insure it with my own too - I believe its a waste of time with Norwich union for the week - can you be insured with 2 at the same for a week?

what colour have you decided on? I bet you're excited. Did you get anything thrown in out of interest. The first dealer that I went to was horrible and I ended up pulling out, this dealer in Bury were excellent and gave lots of free things!
Elaine

Out of curiosity - can't new cars be given out at weekends? Is it something to do with taxing +/- registration? Also, do most dealerships let you pick from a list of Reg plates or just the nice ones? Elaine

I picked mine up on a Saturday and I can't see any problem with you getting yours on a Sunday as the tax and 09 reg will start that day. I expect some of dealers will do the usual "pick up your new reg car" at midnight on the Saturday as they make a big thing of first registrations in a new year.

My dealer also gave me a list of registrations th choose from but there were not any that were more special than any another but it was a nice gesture.

what colour have you decided on? I bet you're excited. Did you get anything thrown in out of interest. The first dealer that I went to was horrible and I ended up pulling out, this dealer in Bury were excellent and gave lots of free things!
Elaine

Hi Elaine, I went for the funk white and initially the black/black interior, but had a sudden change of heart and went for the blue seats with ivory ambience - wasn't sure if it could be done because the car had gone through a certain build stage (?16) and dealership said he'd try. I phoned them the other day and they confirmed that the interior had been altered and there is now the USB port in the dashboard for the satnav should I decide on that.... reviews haven't been very positive up to yet. I can't wait for the car. Had a Vauxhall before and it just didn't provoke the same kind of feelings/anticipation I'm getting about the 500. I've never 'done' Fiat before, so it's going to be a while new experience.

As yet nothing has been guaranteed to be 'thrown in', but the dealer did say, when we test drove, then filled in the paperwork, that he'd sort out mats and a key cover/fob thingy. I cancelled the chrome mirror covers and ordered them as aftermarket (cheaper and your get to keep the original colour coded ones to boot - picked that tit-bit of info up from this very helpful forum) - when I enquired about the price I was told not to worry, he'd sort something reasonable out. How it goes on the day though is time when we'll see. My wife's the pushy one - I'd probably not say anything. We got mats reluctantly thrown in for the Astra only because my better half nagged him to death.......... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info (both yourself and Grimwau) re: pick up day. I'll speak with the dealer when they ring to say the car has arrived - feel like I've pestered them enough already - what with the swapping and changing of things.

Back