Technical Work carried out so far on my twinair

Currently reading:
Technical Work carried out so far on my twinair

DerbyTwin

Just had a full service done, together with new replacement rear beam, what a palava. Also rear springs shocks brake shoes & drums, wheel bearing, handbrake cables. On the front of the car, same again, springs, shocks, top mount, drop links, discs & pads.

Need advice on handbrake adjustment. It only holds when fully up & may not get through the next MoT.

Also, are there any differences to the undertray & under bonnet insulation between a twinair & 1.2 / 1.4 / diesel models? I see loads of new ones for 1.2, but nothing for twinairs.

Ah the hand brake yes tricky after replacing everything
Hand brake off
Press the brake pedal wheels off hubs on, now manually rack the auto adjuster round until it drags may take many hub on off goes pressing the brake pedal after you put the hub back on each time, do the same for the other side
Now inside the car adjust the free play, you want the drum to just start to drag at 1 click, fully on at 5, the book says, also note that the cable holder should be pretty much square not way off where the two meet the hand brake fixing point

Back