Technical Yet another heat shield thread

Currently reading:
Technical Yet another heat shield thread

I went through a bunch of Fiats/Alfas/Lancias on ePer, but couldn't find a manifold that looked like mine (i.e. the bolt on the first and fourth pipe) - so I went out and removed the heat shield, and lo and behold - it looks like a B manifold - only, it looks like those two bolts have been welded onto the pipes (1&4 instead of 2&4 :eek:), and the third one's missing :bang:. Mystery solved. And hopefully no Fiesta engine in it :eek:

So how about that heat shield LRB? You can tell the wife it's essential for your B ;)

Attachments

• - CIMG0428.JPG
    - CIMG0428.JPG
    493.3 KB · Views: 19
  • - CIMG0429.JPG
    - CIMG0429.JPG
    536.3 KB · Views: 41
I went through a bunch of Fiats/Alfas/Lancias on ePer, but couldn't find a manifold that looked like mine (i.e. the bolt on the first and fourth pipe) - so I went out and removed the heat shield, and lo and behold - it looks like a B manifold - only, it looks like those two bolts have been welded onto the pipes (1&4 instead of 2&4 :eek:), and the third one's missing :bang:. Mystery solved. And hopefully no Fiesta engine in it :eek:

So how about that heat shield LRB? You can tell the wife it's essential for your B ;)

Sounds like a plan - 'corse it depends how much you are looking for ;)

You can have it for €25 incl p&p - should save you about €10 ;) But if it's all the same with you I'll send it by surface for that amount :eek:

:eek: :eek: Not my fault that I'm poor. I blame Fiat.

Obviously I'll check the p&p first, but if there's say a €10-15 saving in sending it surface, it would make sense seeing that I'm selling it incl p&p.

Let me go get some OUZO for all of us cause I m gonna try changing the damn cover this weekend :D

PM me your addresses for the OUZO.. might just make it in time.

Let me go get some OUZO for all of us cause I m gonna try changing the damn cover this weekend :D

PM me your addresses for the OUZO.. might just make it in time.
I am waiting for the results.I still havent fixed mine yet.Good luck!!

Cheers - will look into the wrap if my shield gets any worse, though after I refitted the shield after taking the photos last night it hasn't made a sound - so it'll probably do for now. It looks like sh*te, but...:eek:

[quoteNothing wrong with polishing my manifold heatshield !!! Or the exhaust boxes. Dont think I will mention cleaning the subframes then.
][/quote]

It's quite obvious Doc............you're girlfriend is not giving you enough attention:D :D

Thanks Robot - fitted the shield in about 5 mins flat last night and makes a big difference, couple with the exhaust wrap it's bought down the temperature under the bonnet even further - plus it looks great 'cos its all shiny and new!!!!

LRB, how did you manage to get the bottom screw out? did you lift the car? details pls!! I m stuck there :D

Yup - jacked the front of the car up and used a pair of mole grips.......... totally destroyed the nut getting it off but replaced it with an 8mm steel-lock nut. Careful though, I slipped and almost shoved the mole grips through the radiator.........

If you pay for the flight's I'll pop over and give you a hand!!!! (y)

Yup - jacked the front of the car up and used a pair of mole grips.......... totally destroyed the nut getting it off but replaced it with an 8mm steel-lock nut. Careful though, I slipped and almost shoved the mole grips through the radiator.........

If you pay for the flight's I'll pop over and give you a hand!!!! (y)

Dont tempt me to do so! its only 150 pounds round trip with easy jet :D

Back