General Another Dead Barchetta!

Currently reading:
General Another Dead Barchetta!

I’ve had my Barchetta from New for 23 years, but the work required to keep her on the road is probably the same as getting another ‘newer’ Barchetta.

It needs major work to the floor, quarter panels etc, so it’s time for the scrap heap.

If anyone is interested in buying her for spares/parts then let me know.

The car has an MOT until the 24th November, so i’ll probably get rid of it before then.

It’s been a blast, but all great things come to an end.

Cheers
Bryan

Attachments

• 73613E00-35DC-4444-B2D9-B7B32DAFDC0B.jpeg
    73613E00-35DC-4444-B2D9-B7B32DAFDC0B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Such a shame to scrap her - they are getting rarer by the week - and a 1-owner cars are even rarer. There are some very ropey Bs on sale, so make sure yours is an uneconomic repair (and that you can find a better one for what you'd pay to fix yours) before you give up on it.

That's a good point. It's easy to see the faults in our own cars and you can sit and tot up the cost of all the welding and parts but you might end up with a better car.

Exactly this. For me, it's about the balance of known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns. I've had my B for 15 years, and I know which parts of it need work. I also know that it will cost a fair bit to sort those issues out, but I'm reasonably confident that there are no nasty hidden problems.

I'd be much less confident of any similarly-aged replacement, even if it came with a cast-iron history. (I'm also very attached to my B, so I'd feel much happier about putting money into it, rather than starting all over again with another one. And I wouldn't want to be without a B :D)

Last edited:
If you do decide to scrap it, I am not interested in the complete car, but depending on where you are in the country and how much you want for it, I might be interested in the boot lid

I’ve had my Barchetta from New for 23 years, but the work required to keep her on the road is probably the same as getting another ‘newer’ Barchetta.

It needs major work to the floor, quarter panels etc, so it’s time for the scrap heap.

If anyone is interested in buying her for spares/parts then let me know.

The car has an MOT until the 24th November, so i’ll probably get rid of it before then.

It’s been a blast, but all great things come to an end.

Cheers
Bryan
What has happened to this car and did it have an ABS system?

Back