Technical Xenon problem (working, not working)

Currently reading:
Technical Xenon problem (working, not working)

F4usT

I have my own title.
Does anybody had problem like this... i start eninge, turn on lights and only left is lited. then i swtich "off" and "on" again then only right is lited. sometimes none is lited.... also sometimes i hear some kbzzzz sound from that iginition HID box (i guest) and interior light little flash even when are off.

i bought new xenon 6000 kit, because old was 3 years old and one bulb was dead (starts to glow orange, so i decide to buy complete kit). now when i put new this problem happened. it's not quite simple to change bulbs on barch (remove tire, remove inner plastics...)... and i'm late with mot.

bad wiring, corroded connectors, fuse, unstable voltage? (new alternaor, new battery)

i try to fix two times this and when i tested it was ok they both lite as should be. but after few hours (when was allready dark) they start to ***** me.

help, thanks.

There are good Xenon kits on the market and cheap ones, usuaslly its the ballast units that or not made so well, the bulbs do fade over time but usuasly its the balasts that have the proplems, also the clicking sound your hearing could indicate that to be the fault, But also have a good check of your voltage and relays. :)

i tried to replace balasts and bulbs and where ok when was testing. i suspect bad connections... because someiems when i switch high beams, xenon also start to work... but now my battery is dead, because i left car in iginition over night... :bang:

also i order a kit for connecting xenon directly to battery with reley, so original power wire will be only for relay excitation and he will provide power direclty to balasts. as i heard on start xenon there is 20.000V with 20A... that could kill you.

ViewImage.aspx

Here's some info i found on another forum for a fix for HID Blink or Problems.

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! HID PROBLEM!!!

---------------------------------

I recall reading about this blink problem and a fix for it. As I remember, it has to do with wiring the marker lights in with the headlights so the system reads the correct resistance or amperage draw.

It makes sense to me that it would solve this problem.

http://www.dodgeforum.com/fb.asp?m=1232379

RE: PLEASE HELP!!! HID PROBLEM!!!

----------------------------------
what i did on mine was run a relay. the ballest does not have e-nuff resitance and the switch turns off. simple small 30 amp relay fixed mine with out guessing on resisters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

user post:

Great fix, The computer thinks the resistance of the relay is the bulb. I like it...

thanks KC3, i already order that "wiring bridge" kit. but, because of MOT i had today, i had to put regular bulbs... and fail. because of bad headlights (misty and worn out)... i had to polish them and put 55w bulbs (now are 35w). hope will be ok, until that xenon kit arrive... probably in 30 or more days.

Back