General Air conditioning problem

Currently reading:
General Air conditioning problem

Barchettoni

Hello.
With the air conditioning running, cold water falls from the evaporator at the passenger's feet, I suppose that the drain of said evaporator is clogged and the condensation water overflows.
Can you tell me where the drain pipe is located so I can flush it and remove the obstruction?
Thank you.

Does barchetta even have the drain pipe? Looked thru ePer and service manuals but couldn't see any.
Can you see the bottom end of the pipe from below the car, or perhaps in a front wheel arch?

Does barchetta even have the drain pipe? Looked thru ePer and service manuals but couldn't see any.
Can you see the bottom end of the pipe from below the car, or perhaps in a front wheel arch?
Sure he has, it is necessary to drain the water from the evaporator to the outside.
I'll have to jack up the car and locate the drain underneath.

Not sure on the Barrachetta but it shares a lot with the Punto. In the Punto the drain is just below and right next to where the aircon filter is installed.

On the other side in the engine bay there was a little rubber duck bill at the end of the pipe to stop dirt and grime getting back into the pipe

With puntos it was possible that if the rubber duck bill became hardened with age or where an aircon filter had not been used, it could get blocked then the water back up and run down the inside of the bulkhead

Hello, I have exactly the same problem as you on my Barchetta. Did you manage to fix the problem? Thanks for your help !

Hello, I have exactly the same problem as you on my Barchetta. Did you manage to fix the problem? Thanks for your help !
Hello.
I have not solved the problem yet, I have not been able to raise the car to unclog the drain.
When I can do it to see if I take photos.
Greetings.

Hello.
I have not solved the problem yet, I have not been able to raise the car to unclog the drain.
When I can do it to see if I take photos.
Greetings.
I had already lifted the car to look. There is a small black rubber beak sticking out of the apron behind the engine. But I don't see how to unclog it, I couldn't take it apart.

I had already lifted the car to look. There is a small black rubber beak sticking out of the apron behind the engine. But I don't see how to unclog it, I couldn't take it apart.
just stick your finger up inside beak,lf clogged up,you will feel it,either pull out or squeeze sides of beak together (as mentioned ) regards cal

I suspect you’ll find nothing in the drain to unclog and it’s the “beak” itself which is not opening to let the water out. I remember on my Punto having this exact problem I remember being able to remove the “beak” and there was nothing in it, there was a small pipe that sticks through the bulkhead into the “beak” and if the “beak” is sticking closed then water builds up and flows back into the car.

We have a similar problem on domestic fridges. The lips of the beak do get stuck together. Its purpose is to stop air going back up the drain pipe while letting water dribble out.

Back