Would you like a modern X1/9?

Should Fiat build a modern X1/9?

• Yes, Fiat should build it!

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No, Fiat should NOT build it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you show interest if Fiat did the same thing with modern Fiats as it did in the late 70s? In other words, would you think about buying a modern-day mid-engine 2 seat targa-top sports car with a new Fiat drivetrain behind the seats?

That would put the Subraru BRZ and it's ilk to shame.

Would you show interest if Fiat did the same thing with modern Fiats as it did in the late 70s? In other words, would you think about buying a modern-day mid-engine 2 seat targa-top sports car with a new Fiat drivetrain behind the seats?

I've used mine in modern traffic, :eek:
my eyes are level with the Hub-caps of the HUGE SUV's that our cities are now full of..(n)

I would like a twin-air engine in mine as punchy 30 to 50 mph is what it's all about..:D

FIAT direction...:eek:

Don't call it a 500 anything..:rolleyes:

personally I'd rather see the modern 127 concept - and coming with a great engine ( firefly..!!)

Yes, they should. Bear in mind that cars have got bigger and heavier. All the options, safety kit etc all adds up, hence the weight and size increase. It will be interesting to see Fiat's take on a modern X1-9, should it go ahead.

I have fond memories of a midnight blue X1-9. Unfortunately the only photos I have of it are dark and not that good. Now where are my X1-9 brochures........

Yes yes yes and yes again. Something like a Panda 110 engine with a little more oomph. I drove an x19 when they were launched and regret not having owned one. I totally agree with the lets get away from the bloated modern small car. They may be safer if you crash, and that's important, but fun they are not!

Alfa 4C is pretty close but with a carbon fiber body it won't rust anywhere near as much as the X-1/9's all have.

That would put the Subraru BRZ and it's ilk to shame.
I would love to have a modern X19 but I am now too old and decrepit to get into it!

Back