Worst driven brand of car? and why?

Currently reading:
Worst driven brand of car? and why?

around here, the ones i hate most are women in jap 4x4s, im on backroads with my punto a fair bit these days, and will they pull over onto the verge? WILL THEY NOTHING!!!!! no, its me that has to dive right into the hedge :bang:

if i wasnt in such a small car, i would simply drive straight at them, see how they like it :(

i take it you got a nice new shiney tow bar as well as bodywork! bargain
and took out a ford fiasco at the same time! :slayer:

No, the rear bumper & towbar were specially made by a previous owner (God only knows where he got the huge lumps of metal from) and was never painted (to my knowledge) but it didn't seem to rust like you'd expect.
I had a problem with the timing belt slipping two notches (70mph down the A1:eek:), fortunately, the farmer I'd bought it from had a 'spare' pickup going rusty in the corner of a field, nothing wrong with the engine, just put too much weight in the back and it collapsed!
So I pulled the engine & gearbox & did a straight swap.
I eventually lost it after a Mercedes testosterone 6.2litre ****head came out of a side road at mach 2.6, pushing me across 2 lanes & into a tree:cry:

So how is it when I drive my Rover I'm not wearing a flat cap, not old, not doddery or slow. And if you have a look at the Rover forums neither are they, in fact their is some top totty on Rover.org! It seems unfortunate that the Fiat forums are a little bit elitist which is a shame as I thought moderators were here to stop that sort of thing.

My MILF neighbour drives a rover & she is HOT :yum::yum::yum:
My mates love to come round to barbies in the summer just so's they can ogle her.

On the down side, she makes hubby's life HELL, constantly wants more - bigger, nicer house, nicer hols etc. Poor basket already works double shifts to pay the two mortgages & now she's kicked him out & moved in her toyboy.

Sorry, back to topic...
IMO there isn't a single 'worst driven...'
There is the chav in his £50 chavmobile with his ten bob stereo not coping with the cheap downloaded music & the black smoke billowing out of the exhaust.
There is the drug dealing/thieving chav in his ten grand chavmobile (generally a black motor with heavy black tints & gold/silver wheels, whatever it is, it's generally been totally pimped)
There is the driver who thinks he/she is THE best driver in the whole world - and has probably bought themselves a keyfob to prove it.
There is the driver who (and God alone knows how) just scraped (literally!) through their test who takes half a day to park
There is the ageing driver who has just discovered the joys of the Pen1s testosterone (0-60 in 1 second) who always drives at 15mph below the posted limit.
There is the ageing driver (as above) who drives everywhere at double the speed limit (no matter how short the distance, they must hit 60mph before hitting the brakes) who believe it is their God-given right to be the only driver on the road.
There is the foreign driver who has never passed a test yet now believes they are safe to drive a taxi using someone else's licence.
There is the very old driver who'se health isn't as good as it once was & so drives extremely cautiously. They aren't sure what to do with all these new-fangled road markings so generally take a straight line across multi-laned roundabouts etc etc.
There's the 4x4 owner who believes they are the only ones allowed on the road and, as their behemoth is far bigger than your motor, they will intimidate you into pulling over.
... And there's wife of 4x4 owner (or single mum) who can just about cope in a mini & hopes the size of the 4x4 will afford protection. She constantly hits the kerb & even spends time driving on the kerb because the kerb is a mere piece of grit compared to the size of the rubbers on her 4x4.

I hope I've managed to cover the annoyiong drivers, as for actual cars...
Any car that is driven by any of the above.

Last edited:
very OLD shape bmw's!
they are only driven by people that think spending 2k on a car that has the bmw badge means people will think "wow he has a beemer"

very OLD shape bmw's!
they are only driven by people that think spending 2k on a car that has the bmw badge means people will think "wow he has a beemer"

Even worse are 1980's 316 BMWs that are rotten, cost £250 and barely scraped through an MOT. Yet still the owners think it's so cool to be seen in one :nutter:

However, a 3.0 CSL Coupe from the mid 70's is still just about the coolest looking BMW ever made :cool:

Last edited:
at the moment, a kia sedona :mad:

driving home today following one, doing 40mph in a 60 zone, the driver of it swerving all over the place, on his phone by the looks of it. clear space, gunned it, and overtook - looked in rearview mirror and he was on the phone. kept my speed at a steady 60 down the road, 30 seconds later hes a few metres of my cars rear end with his full beam on :bang:. retaliation - rear fog lights :devil:

got to the roundabout, went straight on, he followed stil with his full beam on behind me (by this time i had switched the fogs off), retaliation tactic 2 :devil: - stayed in 2nd gear for a few seconds and then gunned it away - his lazy engine in his lard ass of a car cant keep up with me :devil:

"Even worse are 1980's 316 BMWs that are rotten, cost £250 and barely scraped through an MOT. Yet still the owners think it's so cool to be seen in one :nutter:"

Cheap way of getting a rear wheel drive though!

i have a huge problem with 4x4's, especially the porsche/audi variety stemming from the fact they are always driven by absolute total idiots who's favourite trick is to wait for you to approach on the inside lane of the motorway beforew pulling out just as you're about to pass. I once nearly collided with the same one twice on the m6, and really wasn't sure if they were doing it on purpose or not it was so ****ing idiotic.

they say the safer you feel the more chances you take when driving, therefore the more dangerous you are. it certainly seems the case here.

Looking at this from a different angle, one of the most stylishly driven cars I have ever seen was when I was on holiday in Italy in 1998 in a 1.2 16V Fiesta Ghia (Sorry, but it was a firm's car) which nonetheless was a cracking driver's car. As I was making pretty good progress along a brilliant country road, I noticed a 1st series Lancia Y10 (1.0 FIRE) coming up behind. There were 2 young girls in it. The driver was having a very animated conversation with her mate. Naturally, the pride of the British (not to mention male ego)was at stake here so I upped the pace through a series of bends and opened up another 50 yards over them. After the next couple of bends they had closed up. OK, you asked for this. Down to third and up to the red line. "Ha. That sorted you out Bella" through the next 3 or 4 bends in close succession and....."What the f**k". She's back. Still gassing away. I'll sort you out now love, gird your loins. ".....Hang on.....She's just pulled out..... She must be mad..... I'm going to have to brake for this one..... I'm going to end up as a witness to the deaths of 2 gorgeous teenage Italian girls". I braked, the Y10 sailed past and into the next right hand bend. It cocked its offside rear wheel off the ground, and, right hand waving in mid air to illustrate the point she was making to her mate, sailed on out the other side. Seeing a "convenient" lay by I pulled in to see the inevitable beauty spot. This turned out to be a local authority transport yard full of orange IVECO trucks. We drove on, She Who Must Be Obeyed trying not to smirk and me trying not to look bothered. At the next village we saw a lovely looking cafe bar and pulled in for a drink. As we reversed into a space outside; too late I noticed the car behind. It was a scruffy looking Y10. Fearing the worst, we walked into the bar and 2 incredibly pretty young girls were smiling at me. Normally this would be a red letter day. But not today. After 10 years I can admit the ignominy, the shame. But I think it's made me a better person. It'll only take another 10years before She Who Must Be Obeyed stops reminding me about it.

Back