Technical Wiring Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Wiring Problem

Earlystock

So I am sure this will sound stupid, but....

I have just fitted a second hand engine to a 1997 55S punto, and all went well (I hope), but I am left with a small bundle of wires on a washer type connector, and I can not for the life of me remember where it goes. I was certain it either came from the alternator or the starter (it is that sort of connector and it is in the vicinity of the alternator), There are 4 wires, 2 black, one black/green and one black/blue

Just to be clear, on the alternator I have two wires connected , one grey/black, one red (from the starter), on the starter I have two red, one from the battery and one smaller one....this seems to gel with the haynes manual wiring schematic.

The car wont start, no spark, but it was getting dark when I tried it so aftet 5 minutes I gave up till next weekend.

Any help on where the wires go would be gratefully revieved

I feel really stupid! (I want to save this great little car from the scrappy)

hey people. can i please ask about the above wiring?

the wire from the battery goes to the starter and from the same terminal on the starter there is a wire from the starter to the alternator? then there is a thin red wire (from a loom) to the second terminal on the starter and a second black wire (from a loom) to the alternator?

just put an engine in my punto and want to make sure all is well on this front.

Back