Technical Wiper Relay

Currently reading:
Technical Wiper Relay

JDeacon

The relay for my wipers clicks fairly loudly when the wipers go on and then off again, I know how a relay works so I know what the click is but I'm sure I generally shouldn't be able to hear it, anyone else noticed this?

I'm gonna take a punt that you didn't read that right!

Wiper relays shouldn't be overly noisy, I've never really noticed to be honest. Might be worth getting it in to the garage to ask them to compare with another, if it's much nosier should be warrantied.

Thanks for the replies, well this is my third punto now and I'd never noticed a click before with the relay so I think I will take it to the garage.

JDeacon did you ever take it to the garage? Ive just noticed this and it is driving me insane!
Yes I did take it back, but with bad news. The relays are in the glovebox and even though the noise is annoying, it is normal for this car and nothing can be done about it because it's just where they are and that's just the sound they make. Bad design from fiat if I'm honest no idea why they did it.

Something I noticed when moving from a Punto MK2b to a Panda was that everything clicks which I put down to the car being much quieter than the shed I was driving before. Still, I usually have the stereo blaring loud enough that I probably wouldn't notice if the exhaust fell off :p

http://youtu.be/TeMcbH1QUZU
@Mkala

Oh and I do find it noticeable over the music and the loud engine/exhaust.

Thank you for the vid. Yes quite noticeable you're right.

I will try to hear mine tomorrow.

One thing I think, you have RHD car ? And the relay are in gloves box ?
Because I have and LHD car, and relay are under the steering wheel I think. I'll check.

Back