Technical No starting clicking noise

Currently reading:
Technical No starting clicking noise

David186

Hi guys . I have had this punto evo 2010 for 4 years now and it’s never missed a beat until today . Recently replaced the battery and everything was working fine ,battery terminals are nice and tight but I’m not able to start the car all I get when I turn key is ticking from this box under the dash . Anyone have any idea what it could be before I take it to the garage .

Edit : can’t post picture due to being new user . It’s silver box next to odb port

I have posted picture in user gallery under my username

Last edited:
I tried jumper cable to ground and nothing. Battery is fully charged and I checked all wires are secure to start motor and grounds aren’t rusted . Fuses are all good to

Everything comes on as it should but nothing but clicks coming from the silver box . I have no idea what it is.

Slightly late here, hope you've managed to get it sorted.

If not, I've a few things you can check which should narrow things down.

When the key is turned, can you hear the fuel pump priming? If not, then it could be your immobiliser misbehaving or a fuse. If it does prime then I'd check all necessary fuses and relays such as starter, ignition etc. The most probable cause in my opinion would be a blown fuse somewhere.

If these are all fine them the issue is likely more sophisticated and would require you to check if power is getting to key components such as the starter.

If you're not comfortable, better off just taking it to a trusted garage. I personally hate electrical work and die a little when an electrical issue occurs on my cars.

Last edited:
Back