Technical rubbing noise?? passenger side

Currently reading:
Technical rubbing noise?? passenger side

JDS82

I have a sort of "cracking/rubbing " noise front passenger side outside in wheel area.
Its when i take left corners and when i drive on streets with small potholes that the noise is present. I dont feel anything strange on the steering etc. there are no other problems as wel in the wheel line up etc. it reacts to temperature, its louder when its cold outside and almost no noise when the weather is warm...Anyone have any ideas what it could be? its the punto model after the evo...( 1.2 69HP 2012) Im thinking it must be rubber related or maybe some bearings?? im gonna take my wheel off this weekend to take al look at it, Anything i should be looking for?

Rear bush isn't too difficult. Look for cracking of the rubber and, with the wheel on the ground and gearbox in neutral use a powerbar/T bar and socket on one of the wheel nuts and try to turn the wheel. If a bush is badly worn or "soft" the wheel will move back and forwards in the wheel arch to an appreciable degree.

Anti roll bar and drop links are just a matter of tugging/pushing/pulling at them with some force to see if movement is detected - shouldn't be any free play. The difficulty comes in ensuring absolutely no tension is being exerted on them while you're looking for the play. So you won't find it with one wheel jacked up and the other on the ground. Even with both front wheels up in the air there may still be enough inequality side to side to put enough tension into the system to stop you feeling any play. With the front up in the air, on axle stands please. DO NOT GET ANY PART OF YOUR BODY UNDER THE CAR IF ONLY USING A JACK. you can try jacking one side very slightly to equalize tension. It's easy enough if you've been shown how to do it, quite difficult to explain here in writing though. Another way would be to disconnect one end of one of the drop links which will take any tension out of the drop links and antiroll bar for the sake of just undoing one nut.

Rear bush isn't too difficult. Look for cracking of the rubber and, with the wheel on the ground and gearbox in neutral use a powerbar/T bar and socket on one of the wheel nuts and try to turn the wheel. If a bush is badly worn or "soft" the wheel will move back and forwards in the wheel arch to an appreciable degree.

Anti roll bar and drop links are just a matter of tugging/pushing/pulling at them with some force to see if movement is detected - shouldn't be any free play. The difficulty comes in ensuring absolutely no tension is being exerted on them while you're looking for the play. So you won't find it with one wheel jacked up and the other on the ground. Even with both front wheels up in the air there may still be enough inequality side to side to put enough tension into the system to stop you feeling any play. With the front up in the air, on axle stands please. DO NOT GET ANY PART OF YOUR BODY UNDER THE CAR IF ONLY USING A JACK. you can try jacking one side very slightly to equalize tension. It's easy enough if you've been shown how to do it, quite difficult to explain here in writing though. Another way would be to disconnect one end of one of the drop links which will take any tension out of the drop links and antiroll bar for the sake of just undoing one nut.
Hmmm... ok, so im just gonna take a look if i see any visual damage, if not, im not going to start taking parts of the car since i can only put the car up 1 wheel at the time at home and i dont realy know what to look for so im not 100% sure what im doing. I think i wil go to a fiat garage and let them do it.👍😁

"Fiat Garage"? Are we talking main dealer here? If so hopefully they will rectify whatever is wrong but at a cost. These cars are pretty simple in most respects and, here in the UK, most competent small "family" type concern should be able to sort it at a considerable cost saving compared to the "big boys". Do you have smaller independent workshops of this type?

Back