General Winter panda 4x4 and snow

Currently reading:
General Winter panda 4x4 and snow

Hi all,

It looks like I may well be moving, and even more out in to the sticks than I am at current (were talking welsh moor lands)

I'm going to need a 4x4 of some type come winter and I wanted opinions?

I want something reasonably small, cheep, cheep to insure, and something that I can count on and is simple.

I don't plan to cross welsh country side single down hill and up dale, I just want to be moving when the snow starts to fall.

I have got it down to a few choices

Fiat panda 4*4
Suzuki vitara
Suzuki Samuri
Lada cossac

I would love to have a working (read not project) panda, but only if its a sensible option. What ever I chose large winter tires, poss snow chains and a winch will be needed

What's the front ground clearance on the panda?

Is there a lift kit available?

Sorry for the some what silly questions here. I know it snows about once, mabee twice a year but up there its going to hang around and be very deep

hi

I'm in mid-Wales with a panda sisley that may be for sale. It has a years ticket on it and only 51000 mileage, also has 4 snow tyres. Let me know if you still need one

there is quite a big clearence, could get my belly under my 4x4 even before i lost 3 stone. people use panda 4x4's to get landrovers out when they stuck in the mud n snow

If a panda can get a landrover unstuck then the landrover isn't stuck. unless of course it's stuck because it's broken down, or has a driver who doesn't understand how to drive one.

small japanese 4x4s are highly rated. but unless you plan offroading then any winterised 4x4/AWD will cope perfectly well with snow, and still a 2WD car will be able to manage if driven suitably.

Back