Wii online: Lan connection

Currently reading:
Wii online: Lan connection

Hey can not access internet on main pc now as settings have changed or something. so had to use laptop instead grrrrrr.this is on a cable by the way, anyhow, i dunno where to enter DSL username, unless this means my talktalk account in which case its on that link 198.162.1.1 all them settings have now been erased and im not sure what to set them to, they show the following:

PVC
Operation mode
VPI/VCI
mode: pppoa (with other options to choose from
Encapsulation
Default Route
IGMP enable or disable
Traffic Index
Username (for talktalk)
Password(for talktalk)
IP unnumber enable or disable
Use DNS enable or disable
Configured MTU 1432
Actual MTU 1432
then says status and underneath submit

im really stuck Stu :(

nope no installation disc

Ok, yes I mean adding your talktalk details there.

Does it look like this:

Most ADSL routers sold in the UK will be ready to connect to TalkTalk Broadband. The settings should be as below. If you have any problems with your router, please contact the manufacturer. We can't offer any support for hardware we haven't supplied.
VPI = 0
VCI = 38
DNS settings (primary) 0.0.0.0
DNS settings (secondary) 0.0.0.0
Authentication = CHAP
Encapsulation mode = PPP over ATM (PPPoA). VC-MUX
MTU = 1432
You will also need your TalkTalk Broadband username and password

* In the first instance your modem should be set to automatically detect the DNS settings.

If that fails, you may need to add DNS manually - you should be able to get this from your current settings.

Last edited:
Ok, you connected to the USB modem now?

Do start-->run - type CMD - then type ipconfig at the prompt - this should give you the talktalk DNS servers...

Found them already - try these:
Primary DNS server 62.24.199.13
Secondary DNS server 62.24.199.23

Alternative DNS Servers:
DNS Primary IP address is 62.24.128.18
DNS Secondary IP address is 62.24.128.17

Last edited:
Hola personas, received the router through the post, got a mate here helping me (is on the forum aswel :)) and guess what .................. the router stopped working, it broked :( daveypoo is not happy! stupid ebay, found it suspicious aswel that the seller left feedback before they even posted the item ! will be seeking refund
thats very bad luck dave! :(

i recieved a coil for my alfa yesterday. they sent the wrong one. ebay is 95% good sellers and 5% retarded fish mongers. you never know when a retard is gonna get ya, but paypal run the fish mongers union so there is hope.

top marks for stu for getting you up and running (y)

oh i thought you meant the first one.

let me guess, he didnt have it plugged into his PC? (very common mistake, people assume it will be wireless out of the box)

Last edited:
for the wii i have cable broadband, and it comes into house, goes to cable modem, then linksys 2.4ghz dust gathering wireless thing, then to pc.

When setting this up I realised I dont know anything about computers anymore. Was a pain to set up. The linksys software wanted the t'internet and wanted to connect but couldnt, had to trick it by plugging t'internet back into pc while it got connection, then ptting it back through router to set it up.

Dont know what i did but it works, wii is set up and the thing is locked with a ruddy great long number.

Crazydave, get onto Wiishop, go to software and get latest update and all the free channels thats on there, theres a browsing one, a voting one, and a mii competition one.

And the weather ones a bit funky to

oh i thought you meant the first one.

let me guess, he didnt have it plugged into his PC? (very common mistake, people assume it will be wireless out of the box)

:rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well first time i did nothing happened, then second time i didnt check that the lead had popped out a lil :eek: silly me

Big Black Stilo, iv used the shopping channel : Mario Kart 64 :) a few more games to follow aswel, used the news channel and weather channel, iv looked at the other, 'Mii contest' and a few others, will play about more when i get chance :)

And Jug your right, most of the time ebay can come out top but there are a few who just mess people about :(

Back